Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All Calvinists and Wesleyan/Arminians believe God is actively involved in each person’s faith and transformation, but unlike Wesleyan/Arminianism, Calvinists believe God, from eternity past, not only graciously selects some persons to receive the faith to be saved, but guarantees that person’s faith and salvation to the end - God being actively responsible for each of the Elect's faith and salvation. Such a belief is rooted in how Calvinists define God's Sovereignty.

If only some were selected, then Jesus died for nothing. He said that ANY man could come to Him. Whosoever will...etc. Not...those special predesignated pets only club.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How will the elect believe if they don't hear/read the gospel?
God's word does say that faith comes by hearing and hearing by God's word. Our Apostle Paul calls Christians the "elect", but also Paul says "we" "first trusted in Christ" and we "all" were "by nature children of wrath, just as the others." (Ephesians 1:12 and 2:3)

So, we in sin were equals with others of Satan's kingdom.

Is it possible for your " elect" to reach the end of life on Earth and not be saved? If not, why do they need anyone to preach to them?
I say it is not possible, if God has committed Himself to keeping His "elect". But preaching is part of His process of keeping us. He uses us to minister His grace to one another > for example, Ephesians 4:29 < and His grace is almighty to change us to how we need to become for all eternity with Him, and almighty to keep us.

I'm still not sure if an "elect" believer can lose his/her salvation.
My opinion is God keeps the ones He makes members of Jesus. No member can just fall out and the body is fine. Isaiah 55:11 guarantees how God's word "shall" do all which God pleases. So, not only will God keep us, but we will be changed by His word to live and to love the way the New Testament commands and guarantees. So, expect God to fulfill every scripture in you, with Jesus :) And don't spend too much time arguing about things! :idea:

Is an "elect" person just a born-again Christian (BAC)?
Or, is an "elect" person a BAC who has been guaranteed eternal life (in Scripture)?
And "elect" is born again . . . the way God means to be born again . . . not only how people are doing a cultural copy-cat thing.

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If only some were selected, then Jesus died for nothing.
He said that ANY man could come to Him.
Whosoever will...etc. Not...those special predesignated pets only club.
Jesus was not lying.
Whosoever is able to believe (and does believe) is on his/her way to eternal life.
However, salvation is conditional.
Not everyone who believes makes it through to the end.
E.G. the person who is a habitual sinner until the day he dies!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said they were not given the ability to hear and understand
Due to their hardened heart which they produced on their own. Babies are not born with a hardened heart. We become hardened.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If only some were selected, then Jesus died for nothing. He said that ANY man could come to Him. Whosoever will...etc. Not...those special predesignated pets only club.

Jesus was not lying.
Whosoever is able to believe (and does believe) is on his/her way to eternal life.

Both are true, as it is written.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are born with harden heart..THAT is why we need a new heart.. we are born fallen
I find this statement in error. Though the fall did occur in the beginning, there was always a remnant who were faithful to God. Pharaohs heart was hardened but Moses's heart was not. All aborted children are not hardened however their parents are.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Or, is an "elect" person a BAC who has been guaranteed eternal life (in Scripture)?
John 6:
37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me,
and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me
I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.
44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him;
and I will raise him up at the last day.

Are these people "the elect"?
6:37 - but this person can cast himself out!
6:39 - special case?: given to Him by the Father
6:44 - special case?: given to Him by the Father

The person who hears the gospel and responds to the conviction
of the Holy Spirit ... was he/she drawn to Jesus by the Father?
I don't know.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
All aborted children are not hardened however their parents are.
C'mon Maria, we know that children under the age of accountability automatically go to heaven.
Sorry, brain cramp.

BTW, America's abortion law is the #1 reason
why God is in the process of judging America!
The #2 reason is to WAKE UP the sleeping church!
Read it and weep.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
C'mon Maria, we know that children under the age of accountability automatically go to heaven.
Sorry, brain cramp.

BTW, America's abortion law is the #1 reason
why God is in the process of judging America!
The #2 reason is to WAKE UP the sleeping church!
Read it and weep.
I am replying to someone who claims otherwise.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Any, and all, of these believers NEED to hear/read the gospel message
in order for them to respond to it. They NEED to believe, respond, etc.

Perhaps, God could place thoughts about the Gospel message
in their minds ... and they could respond to it that way?
(If this is a brand new concept, I'm NOT copyrighting it.)
You are not making sense. In your theology, the elect are chosen individually before Time. If that is the case, there is zero possibility for any of them to die without salvation. So, nothing they hear or don't hear makes any difference, they are simply fated for salvation regardless.
Now, I don't buy into individual election, so it's not an issue for me, but it has to be a quandary for anyone to try and reconcile individual election with the possibility of losing salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus was not lying.
Jesus is the Way to eternal life. He is not 'on the way'. Nor is believing based on works. If we come to Him and ask and want Him, He answers. Then our faith grows. It isn't like we need some monumental faith to be saved. We need to have our hearts right, so that we desire His truth and life, and come to Him.

Salvation was paid for by Jesus, He met all the conditions!

So what! They do make it to be with Him where He is, whether they fall or fail here or not. Being tried does not mean being damned. Falling is just par for the course in life, He picks us up again time after time.

Ever met anyone who was sinless? You aren't. Nor will you be till the day you die!

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Both are true, as it is written.
He helps unbelief! If our heart is right with Him, that is what matters...faith grows after that. In some cases it seems that the belief people had was pretty small when they got saved.

Mr 9:24 - And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,107.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The kingdom was opened by Him He is the Door. Opened to sinners.
Yes but He still had to first fulfill what was required of Him, the will of the Father, not His own. Had He failed and did anything the Tempter asked Him to do, or ran from execution and the like, the Gospel of the Kingdom would be a moot point

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He helps unbelief! If our heart is right with Him, that is what matters...faith grows after that. In some cases it seems that the belief people had was pretty small when they got saved.

Mr 9:24 - And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Amen.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Salvation was paid for by Jesus, He met all the conditions

Jesus said “if you love me, you’ll obey my commandments.” There’s the condition. He is the vine and we are the branches and those who do not bare fruit get cut off. We gotta take the the Bible and what is written into consideration, that means the whole thing ⭐:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If our heart is right with Him, that is what matters..
As written throughout the NT of the Ekklesia, when the people's hearts were one with Jesus, what did they do ?
They listened to HIS VOICE, and obeyed Him - they did not go on sinning willingly, but repented. They whole-heartedly chose to serve Yahuweh and worship Him Faithfully, instead of serving the devil or the flesh. They did what the Father in heaven said to do - so they were DOERS and not just HEARERS of the WORD. IF they claimed to have faith, but had not works, it was dead - like a body laying on the ground without breath is dead.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Agreed and the whole thing is summed up in putting God's will before our own and loving all as self.
Well then, it also includes daily living a self-sacrificial life, as Jesus said. Not trying to "get".... but giving as Jesus says.

Upvote 0