Dec 8, 2007
✟825,537.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Aren't Anglicans fairly liberal on social issues? Why would I want to commune with them?

Most are, but these good Christians may be an exception to that rule. Not this year; not likely this decade; but never say never.

Upvote 0

Upper Cut

Jan 17, 2016
Florida
✟15,249.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Aren't Anglicans fairly liberal on social issues? Why would I want to commune with them?

The mainline Episcopal Church, generally, is way to the left of center. However, their are still some very conservative parishes. The ACNA in my reading still is somewhat left of center, they ordain women to the Priesthood, have a Charismatic strain as well, and a very strange arrangement of independent diocese and have already had some groups jump ship. I hope they can keep it together and remain viable. They are not however a confessional church, and I would not be able to stay in the lCMS if we enter official fellowship with the ACNA. Not that I have anything against them personally, it's just that our beliefs are different and it will be the first step in going down the same road as the ELCA...just my thoughts

Upvote 0

GracetotheHumble

Theology of the Cross
Mar 30, 2015
✟3,726.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The mainline Episcopal Church, generally, is way to the left of center. However, their are still some very conservative parishes. The ACNA in my reading still is somewhat left of center, they ordain women to the Priesthood, have a Charismatic strain as well, and a very strange arrangement of independent diocese and have already had some groups jump ship. I hope they can keep it together and remain viable. They are not however a confessional church, and I would not be able to stay in the lCMS if we enter official fellowship with the ACNA. Not that I have anything against them personally, it's just that our beliefs are different and it will be the first step in going down the same road as the ELCA...just my thoughts

OK. That's kind of what I thought. I checked the link and I didn't see any info on homosexuality, abortion, or female ordination.

Upvote 0