• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Omniscience and God, or God and Omniscience...?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Neogaia777, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Disciple Supporter

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    OK, I'm going to try and explain this like I would try to explain it to my daughter, who is grown now, but knows nothing, basically, etc...

I would probably start with "omniscience", and I would say, or start out by saying, do you fully know what omniscience is, what it means, what it entails, etc...?

It's a trait that is most often applied to God or a God, etc, and it means that they know everything, and I mean absolutely everything, etc... Which means there is never not anything they are not knowing, etc, and nothing they are ever not fully knowing "at any given time", etc, which means every hour, minute, and every second, and even every nanosecond, or even whatever might even be smaller than that, etc, etc, etc, not any of it that they are not knowing at any given point in time, and from the beginning or time, to the end of time, and at everything, any other given point in time, in-between times, etc...

And this also means "with everything", etc, all pieces of matter and/or material, on every single level, and also whatever might also consist of, or be made up of such, etc... Big and small, on every level, and any given measurement, big or small, in time, and "at any (point in) time", etc...

Now, do you think there ever could be multiple different possibilities of ways things, or anything, can go, given this information I just now told you, etc...?

Because I don't see how there could be, etc, because that would mean there was something that the one, or ones, who supposedly know everything, didn't or don't always fully know always, right, etc...?

In the Movie Matrix, or in the Matrix series Movies, the Oracle points out to Neo that he is never not really making any kinds of choices at all ever, etc, but that the main reason why he was here, was to find out "why" "things", or his supposed choices, were made by him the way they were or are or went the way that they did, and could not have ever gone any other way at all ever, etc, and that "that" was the real reason why he was here, etc...

And it is the same for us, etc... So, "choice" is an illusion really, etc... This only ever goes, and only ever could only ever go, just only one way at all ever, etc... And we are only here to find out why we chose the way we did, or do, etc, but with them not ever having the possibility of ever going any kind of other way other than the way that they did at all ever, etc...

The answer is "God" of course, and more specifically the Highest God the Father from the beginning of course, etc... That's the ultimate why to everything, etc, most especially the way things are or were, or are chosen, or and/or are going, or have gone always, etc, etc, etc...

So, I guess the real question becomes then, for you personally anyway, is why did he specifically make you specifically the way he did...? and choose for you to choose and make all the choices the way you always do, or will, or did always, etc...? And also maybe why it could not have ever gone or be any other way at all ever maybe also, etc...?

There is a reason, and a very good one, but do you know what it is, etc...?

I'll leave you to think about that one yourself for a while...

But also, the bottom line here is that, if there is a such thing as choice in any god/God's eyes, then that God/god is not fully omniscient, and is not the number one highest God there is, or always was always, from the very beginning always, etc...

Comments...?

God Bless!

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Neogaia777

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    The very nature of the word "choice" is something you cannot see past, or do not know yet, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  3. Neogaia777

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I guess the real question for all of you is then: "Do you truly believe in a God who always fully truly knew/knows all of everything always, etc...?"

Because if you do, then there "has to be a Higher God that you currently now know, or were taught about yet", etc...

God Bless!

4. Neogaia777

+4,545
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Bump...

5. Cormack

Cormack “I bet you're a real hulk on the internet...”

+922
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Single
    I imagine molinists would go gaga for this topic. :thumbsup: So far as they’d answer, they would say Gods choices are the product of His middle knowledge. God knows of a possible world in which you were in the garden of Eden, @Neogaia777, He knows the world where Adam and Eve were the first people, the world where Adam, Eve and Lilith were the first.

Adam and Steve? Point being that God knows every possible world, then the idea is that He actualises the best of those possible worlds.

Is that true? I dunno. :tearsofjoy:

Although you shared that there might not be any other choices, not really, I think the best answer against that point of view is the immediate experience of freedom.

That’s more than an idea or an argument, freedom and the dynamic transition of time are things you feel right here and now. Like moral feelings or the ability to notice beauty.

However clever our systems of philosophy, they’re sometimes at the mercy of things we have immediate access to, freedom to go into those many possible worlds with Gods permission by choice is one of those assessable things.

God bless buddy.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List