Visit site
✟19,597.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a four DVD set of the older episodes. We found them at the Dollar Tree over by the Tacoma Mall. I sometimes watch them with Jeremiah. I am contemplating buying two more sets. One for my nephew Malachi and one for my brother in law Joshua.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tofferer

LCMS - Lutherie
Nov 15, 2004
Lakewood WA
Visit site
✟19,597.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BibleMan? My mother-in-law has that on DVD. Cheesier than a toasted cheese sandwich. I can easily forgive the later episodes of SuperBook after just one episode of BibleMan. Even that trouble maker in Greatest Adventures is easier to forgive than one episode of BibleMan. To repeat myself - CHEESY.

Upvote 0

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

LutheranChick

Jul 12, 2007
Iowa
✟9,888.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh my. I remember watching Davey and Goliath as a kid, waaaaay back in the 60's! Thanks for the memory.
Yep, same here! I used to watch that on Dr. Max. Any other Iowans remember Dr. Max (& Mombo)? I even sent away for "My Important Book".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zecryphon

Aug 14, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
✟19,186.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
BibleMan? My mother-in-law has that on DVD. Cheesier than a toasted cheese sandwich. I can easily forgive the later episodes of SuperBook after just one episode of BibleMan. Even that trouble maker in Greatest Adventures is easier to forgive than one episode of BibleMan. To repeat myself - CHEESY.

But to be fair, Willie Aames, who portrays Bibleman had a raging drug habit when most of those episodes were being filmed. So that could have played a part in the cheese factor.

Upvote 0

mrshoperose

Contributor
Oct 9, 2007
Lakewood Washington
✟22,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But to be fair, Willie Aames, who portrays Bibleman had a raging drug habit when most of those episodes were being filmed. So that could have played a part in the cheese factor.

He was doing drugs... while trying to teach kids lessons about the Bible?! :doh:

Really? :confused:

That's nuts!

Upvote 0

emilylauren

Jan 9, 2009
✟7,936.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have to say that I love cheesy television. :] It's why I'm such a fan of the original Star Trek series!

He was doing drugs... while trying to teach kids lessons about the Bible?! :doh:

Not any more than the preacher who happens to have an addiction to inappropriate contentography or is involved in an affair-- we all sin, and even if Willie was doing a kid's Christian videos that doesn't mean he automatically *poof* becomes sin-free! Heck, if that was all it took I think there'd be a lot more cheesy kids shows out there ;)

Upvote 0

latebloomer

An Autumn Lutheran Rose
May 4, 2007
Iowa
✟9,125.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I remember watching Davey & Goliath regularly. Hmm, wonder if it was on after school? Don't remember. I used to watch Dr. Max & Mombo when visiting relatives in that part of the state and later on when I lived in that part of the state for a while. Dr. Max was very popular among college students. He got lots of cartoon requests from U of Iowa fraternities.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.