Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I had not heard the news, but a friend phoned me to tell me about a gold statue of President Trump being presented at the CPAC convention. Upon hearing his report, I immediately recalled the incident in Exodus when God brought judgment upon the Israelites for creating a golden calf. Now I realize that the intent of showing the statue was not to worship President Trump, but I still cannot get the comparison out of my mind. What think the rest of you?

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
As long as it is a Trump statue it is all good. Scripture understand the difference between worshipping and honoring a patriot. But if it was Hillary Clinton statue then America would be a “land of Idolatry” . you get the point!

Reactions: grumix8
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m sure God would accept the excuse that was given in the other thread that this literal golden idol to a man is just for laughs and selfies and not in any way a serious transgression of idolatry.

I’m sure the Big Guy’s got a good sense of humor about that sort of thing...

Upvote 0

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
✟45,087.00
Country
Mexico
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
As long as it is a Trump statue it is all good. Scripture understand the difference between worshipping and honoring a patriot. But if it was Hillary Clinton statue then America would be a “land of Idolatry” . you get the point!

Wanna know there is A statue of idolatry that's the statue of liberty you don't see the whole world complaining about it ? In matter of fact Trump does not want them to put it, perhaps the democrats are doing this to hurt Trump more. People say worship of idols and don't realize they live and idolize other idols as well. Their all crazy like Jesus don't judge unless you get that fig out of your own eye.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had not heard the news, but a friend phoned me to tell me about a gold statue of President Trump being presented at the CPAC convention. Upon hearing his report, I immediately recalled the incident in Exodus when God brought judgment upon the Israelites for creating a golden calf. Now I realize that the intent of showing the statue was not to worship President Trump, but I still cannot get the comparison out of my mind. What think the rest of you?
The golden colored Trump statue idol is definitely going to be worshiped by some. I'm not kidding.

Some people will do various things we think of as worshipful, such as:

Lauding/praising Trump
Believing in Trump -- Trusting him
Putting their Hope in Trump

This is directly against explicit scriptures, such as Psalm 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, in mortal man, who cannot save.

It's a path to Death, in the ultimate sense.

It's the same for worshipping any other mortal also, including popes, bishops, inventors, industrialists, etc.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Ideology worship?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ideology worship?
It's not, but instead much more centered on Trump himself. When he used the seeming hyperbole that he could commit murder and still have all his supporters --

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I would not lose any voters! It's incredible."

It was chilling, as a metaphor. But...it seems now it's more realistic than we knew. That kind of support isn't about ideology, not about this or that idea, but is centered on the man himself.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

So who's the patriot?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not, but instead much more centered on Trump himself. When he used the seeming hyperbole that he could commit murder and still have all his supporters --

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I would not lose any voters! It's incredible."

It was chilling, as a metaphor. But...it seems now it's more realistic than we knew. That kind of support isn't about ideology, not about this or that idea, but is centered on the man himself.

Yes, no one worships the statue. But they do worship the man and as he himself stated would vote for him even if...

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

However, I get the sense that Trump is embodying something that was being worshiped all along.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The children of Israel were worshipping the golden calf

They were taking selfie’s at a Republican Conference.

God is well able to tell the difference, to bad some of his children cannot

it is no different than the Christians who are talking about the Babylonian queen in the end times robed in purple and causing destruction and showing a picture of Kamilla Harris and dying she is Jezebel.

neither are correct or scriptural.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Actually, they were most likely worshiping Apis, The Egyptian deity whose worship was continued by the Greeks and later the Romans.

The Hebrews, I'm willing to wager, were sharp enough to realize that the statue itself had no special properties, but was merely a symbol for the deity himself -- by showing reverence to the stand-in, they expected to get the "Big Man's" blessing when he finally arrived.

But of course -- -- by showing reverence to the stand-in, they expected to get the "Big Man's" blessing when he finally arrived.

Well, too many of His children think presidents are selected by God... a sad commentary on the state of American democracy.

it is no different than the Christians who are talking about the Babylonian queen in the end times robed in purple and causing destruction and showing a picture of Kamilla Harris and dying she is Jezebel.

..but all are a source of amusement.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Nobody can HONESTLY say what is going on in the hearts of these people; not Trump critics and certainly not you either. To assume that God can tell the difference and would ere on your side may be a presumption.

I have seen and heard the things that people say and plenty of them...PLENTY do not require a golden statue of his, nor showing any kind of reverence to it, to suggest that they view Trump as a Savior, Messiah, Leader, and...I dunno. What's a title for someone would could sexually assault your daughter and you'd still like them.

One of those.

Well this is just full on, undeniable crazy talk with little to no rational connection to any kind of biblical hermeneutics or study involved in it whatsoever.

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟100,945.00
Faith
Seeker
Trump is a golden calf

It is pathetic to idolize a solipsist, I cannot really explain it.
My theory is Trump supporters:

*Get an ego rush for thinking you are hero just for supporting Trump

*Get a power rush for cancelling people that oppose Trump

*Enjoy the delusion that Trump is perfect
EDIT , They don't think he is perfect but they do think the fact that other people do the wrong think excuses all of Trumps behavior

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes "self interest".
So this got me thinking, Why are Trump supports so loyal to him? What does he represent under the banner of Make America Great Again? What does that mean?

Look out for U.S. first? (me first) / Isolationism? Return to the age when "people knew their place and stayed n it? Take as much from the environment as is good for business? When some one slaps your cheek punch back harder?

Trumpsters, please tell me what has captivated you.

Upvote 0