East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was a kid I used to write poetry... and then I submitted my poems to some contest I saw in a magazine and they sent me a letter congratulating me, saying that my poems were going to be published in a book.

I never got a copy of the book but after googling my name, I found that one of those childhood poems was posted on poetry.com, probably by the same people. I was really shocked, and I feel like God has revealed so much to me by me digging up this poem I wrote way back then. I had a troubled childhood and have gone through much, much suffering in my life and when I read this poem, after years of learning the Truth about God and good and evil, I had a flashback to that age and so much made sense. I think I wrote this poem about my dad because he was so ice-cold emotionally to me and abusive to my family. Anyway, this is the poem-

Nightmares
By -------------

You shut me down
when i gave you my heart,
you tore it to peices you ripped me apart.
\my fragile heart has been scarred
and it wont heal,
sheddin tears and constant pain
the mentality of what feel
\i want to wake up
from this miserable nightmare,
does it ever end? Noone cares

I was disturbed back then. No one in my family knew anything about God, my parents hated eachother and there was constant chaos in my house, and the only conclusion that my mom could come to to get me help was put me on antidepressants, ADHD medicine [Adderall], and take me to psychologists. It all only made me worse and led down a very, very dark path of self-rejection, drugs, and so much more... praise God I am coming out of it and He is healing my soul