Dec 27, 2009
✟651,324.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I think it was a noble gesture. But as far as I could tell that's all it was. I don't think he was advocating forcing all the seniors to go get the virus. It appears that he was saying many may be willing to go out and start living normally to get the economy going and take the chance. And many would. I think that's noble.

So don't poo poo this away and for heaven's sake don't start accusing the guy of telling all the seniors they should go get sick.

My father of blessed memory was devistated when
my sisters daughter passed on at a young age.

"Why, why, why not me...?"

There was a woman in the same situation,
her little girl passed on at the age of five.

She too was devistated,
she cried out to the heavens, "Why, why?

There came a voice from the heavens saying;

"If I had asked you if you were willing to give birth to
a little girl who would bring great joy to all around her,

but she would only have five years,
what would you have said?"

"No,no, never would I agree with that."

The voice came back and said;

"I know, that is why I never asked you."

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally I'm not going to ask anyone to die needlessly for my economic well being.
Why not? Employers have been doing that forever before unions.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think it was a noble gesture. But as far as I could tell that's all it was. I don't think he was advocating forcing all the seniors to go get the virus. It appears that he was saying many may be willing to go out and start living normally to get the economy going and take the chance. And many would. I think that's noble.

So don't poo poo this away and for heaven's sake don't start accusing the guy of telling all the seniors they should go get sick.

I think I will ask seniors what they want rather than letting this guy speak for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I won't say it! But I baked a very nice Asian Pear Bundt cake yesterday evening.

And most people in America today would do well to cut bread out of their diet anyway.

Whoa dude I've never even heard of that but that sounds legit amazing, in Cali we went to this place that had nothing but bundt cakes. Da bomb.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Whoa dude I've never even heard of that but that sounds legit amazing, in Cali we went to this place that had nothing but bundt cakes. Da bomb.

My mom's Asian pear tree had a pretty good crop this year. I have close to a dozen frozen pouches for the Bundt cake or a German apple loaf cake. Also some frozen setups for orange loaf cake.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Death of juvenile in California from coronavirus believed to be first in US of someone that age

A Los Angeles County resident is believed to be the first juvenile to have died from the novel coronavirus in the United States.

The person lived in Lancaster, California, according to county officials. Health director Dr. Barbara Ferrer told CNN the person, under the age of 18, was not a small child.

Keep in mind though you can get juveniles die from the regular type of flues too. Doesn't happen much but it does happen.

Here’s how flu kills some people so quickly

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Keep in mind though you can get juveniles die from the regular type of flues too.

Certainly. By all accounts, COVID-19 is very unlikely to be fatal for young people. But they are not immune. The logic of the Texas LT Gov seems to be, let's just go back to work and many old people will be happy to die for the sake of the young. But some of the young will also perish, especially if the curve isn't flattened (because of the increased contact and transmission) making health systems overwhelmed sooner rather than later.

Upvote 0