NW England
✟790,449.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
My favorite also, but I've only seen the first four.
The others are British. I don't know if the humour of the Ealing Comedies would cross the Atlantic well. The Ladykillers is about a sweet elderly widow who lets a room in her house to a man, who is planning a burglary with his friends. She unwittingly and innocently gets in their way. Passport to Pimlico is where a part of London declares independence from the UK only to find it's not as easy as it seems. Green for Danger is a murder mystery set in an Elizabethan manor which has been converted to a hospital during WWII; there are only six suspects. Morning Departure is Naval based where problems are encountered in a submarine.

I also like Rear Window, North by Northwest and Singing in the Rain. I love that song and dance routine. Oh and all the Fred Astaire films, although I think some of them were 30s rather than 40s.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The others are British. I don't know if the humour of the Ealing Comedies would cross the Atlantic well. The Ladykillers is about a sweet elderly widow who lets a room in her house to a man, who is planning a burglary with his friends. She unwittingly and innocently gets in their way. Passport to Pimlico is where a part of London declares independence from the UK only to find it's not as easy as it seems. Green for Danger is a murder mystery set in an Elizabethan manor which has been converted to a hospital during WWII; there are only six suspects. Morning Departure is Naval based where problems are encountered in a submarine.

I also like Rear Window, North by Northwest and Singing in the Rain. I love that song and dance routine. Oh and all the Fred Astaire films, although I think some of them were 30s rather than 40s.
Ladykilllers sounds funny --- I'm smiling.

Speaking of British films, I like movies starring Basil Rathbone.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0