North America
✟166,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Mosaic covenant was between God & the Nation of Israel only (Ex 19:3 & ALL the Israelis Agreed to it Ex 19:8)

Under the Mosaic Covenant obedience to it's law ordinances brought blessings, disobedience curses (Deut 28).

It's Levitical sin sacrificial system administration only covered & couldn't take away sin (Heb 10:1-4) & was in fact, a constant reminder of sin.

Hebrews 9:
12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(MY NOTE: Only faith is Christ's blood can provide eternal redemption/salvation!)

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
(MY NOTE: The blood of bulls & goats & the ashes of a red heifer only purifyed flesh. And could NOT redeem/save a Soul.)

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(MY NOTE: Jesus is mediator of new testament/covenant. Under this New Melchizedek sin administration. Not only are sins removed/taken away (Jn 1:29) Our great High Priest (Heb 4:14) can provide eternal life)

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
(MY NOTE: Christ had to die & rise to redeem anyone before they could receive the promise of eternal salvation)

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved

The dividing point between 2 covenants is: Christs death & resurrection.

Mosaic covenant was between God & the Nation of Israel only (Ex 19:3 & ALL the Israelis Agreed to it Ex 19:8)

Under the Mosaic Covenant obedience to it's law ordinances brought blessings, disobedience curses (Deut 28).

Circumcision was an absolute requirement under Mosaic law.

Ex 12:43-48. No foreigners, servants, sojourners or strangers could partake in the in the Passover meal unless they were circumcised.

NT believers aren't required to get circumcised. (Acts 15:24)

It's Levitical sin sacrificial system only covered & couldn't take away sin (Heb 10:1-4) & was in fact, a constant reminder of sin.

New covenant
Matt 26:28 (AMP) For this is My blood of the new covenant, which ratifies the agreement and is being poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Matt 26:28 (KJV) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

This new covenant mediated by Christ Himself. provides complete sin removal & imputes His Righteousness. Onto everyone that will place their Faith/trust in Jesus sin redemptive work. Found in Christ's death, burial & resurrection.

Unlike the inferior Old Levitical covenant/sin management system. Under the New Eternal Melchizedek Priesthood covenant/sin administration. Not only are the believers sins removed. Our High Priest abides over eternal life.

Jesus retired the old Levitical priesthood here: Temple veil is torn in 1/2. (Matt 27:51.) Old Mosaic covenant is now OBSOLETE! (Heb 7:22,28, 8:13, 9:15)

3 days later in Resurrection power the new Eternal Melchizedek Priesthood covenant is established.

50 days later the new covenant is invoked when believers are baptized & eternally sealed with Jesus indwelling Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4 Pentecost)

The Presents/Holy Spirit of God no longer dwells in Temples behind a veil.

It now indwells in the heart & mind of every believer (1 Cor 6:19). Jesus completely removes (via imputation) every sin & additionally imputes HIS righteousness into the NT believer. And we become the righteous of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21)

While the Temple was operating the High Priest had authority to Impute/transfer sin (Lev 16:21).

Christ is our Great High Priest (Heb 4:14). Can not only Impute a believers sins onto Himself. Christ can Impute His righteousness onto the believer as well. Whereby we become the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Cor 5:21) .

When Jesus became a curse (Gal 3:13) He REDEEMED every believers from all non-compliance curse penalties invoked in Mosaic law breaking.

All praise, honor & glory to Jesus our Great God & Savior. Amen

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Yarddog