Old, Forgotten Favorites

Mr_Coffee

Don't write in this space
Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,311.00
Faith
Agnostic
Scorched Earth was pretty intense. The red tank > other tanks.

I remember playing Yar's Revenge, Missle Command, ET: The Extraterrestrial (yes, I actually played and enjoyed this game, which is hailed the worst game of all time :/ )... But I remember Contra, TMNT 1 & 2, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, the Megaman series, Adventure Island, Blaster Master, River City Ransom, Double Dragon 1 & 2: games from the NES days a lot better.

*Opens up NES emulator with extensive library* :o

Upvote 0

Mr_Coffee

Don't write in this space
Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,311.00
Faith
Agnostic
lightofgnosis said:
ET?!?!? Are you mad?
:( I know. I wonder if it caused any permanent effects on my brain. :scratch: I was only about 5 when I played it.

I never had an Intellivision, but I remember playing Pitfall, Q-Bert, Frogger. Good times. ;)

It's good to see that some young-uns respect old-school games, I don't think many of them realize how much different videogames were before the 3D revolution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rechtgläubig

der Anti-Schwärmer
Oct 3, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟17,092.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Mine are the SSI Forgotten Realms games:

Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades
Pool of Darkness

and the Dragonlance ones:

Champians of Krynn
Deathknights of Krynn
Queen of Darkness

I also really loved Wasteland!

Other awesome games:

Sentinel Worlds - Future Magic
Ancient Art of War
Ancient Art of War at Sea
Alien vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar)
Strike Fleet
Panzer General
Mail Order Monsters
Legacy of the Ancients
Battletech - Cresent Hawk's Inception
Might and Magic - Clouds of Xeen + Darkside of Xeen (they combine into 1 huge world)

Good stuff! All of it!

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eh, I meant more PC games, but that's ok, hehe. I loved TMNT for Sega Genesis. Also, the Buster Bunny one... er... Looney Toons... what was the name of that... I forget now. I played that a lot. And also Spiderman (for Sega).

Original Duke Nukem :D I played that a lot, hehe. I had a lot of old DOS shareware games. Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and the Quest for the Holy Grail, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (this was a funny game, hehe), and also Loom. Loom was cool, and nobody knows about it. I loved that game. Still do actually. Thos were all Lucas Arts games. I also had Commander Keen, that game was awesome, hehe... and Skunny, that was an interesting game. Save Our Pizzas! hmmm and Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure... Raptor: Call of the Shadows ....

Monkey Island 1 had to be the best though. Man, that game is just awesome. If you haevn't played it, you really should. :D

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
oh... and Jill of the Jungle! :D And Hocus Pocus.

Man, I had a lot of those games....

Hmmm Exile I/II/III was fun, but *nobody* will know about that game. www.spiderwebsoftware.com - the original Exile 2 I found on a shareware CD. I loved it, hehe. My friend ended up buying it, actually. Awesomely fun game, for some reason.

Castle of the Winds was kinda interesting too... hehe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AcousticHxC

Nov 28, 2003
Killa Cali Westside
✟7,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Buster Busts Loose. Ya I had that. One of the first games I beat. Ah, the memories, back when I was little...like...a few years ago...*cough* anyways...A lot of the old text adventures are fun now. Like The Lurking Horror, and someone mentioned Zork (couldn't get very far but it was a good game non-the-less lol). And Turtles In Time. No one who played that can forget it. Most of the stuff from before then was before my time, so I've only played emulators. I remember a loooong time ago playing some of the dying NES and Genesis games though when they were still semi-popular.

Upvote 0

Brian

Dec 11, 2002
MD
✟8,118.00
Faith
Protestant
I love Mappy and Galaga 3. I got the second Namco Museum for PSX just for them, though Galaga 3 is called by its original name of Gaplus in it. Galaga 3/Gaplus is a sequel to Galaga where you can capture the aliens make them help you instead of them capturing you. Mappy is a platform game where you bounce on tramploines to get to higher areas and try to get all of the collectable objects in the stages while avoiding the cats.

I also love Galaga '88 (aka Galaga '90 for the US Turbografix 16).
Galaga '88 is an updated version of the original Galaga where the aliens can capture you when you have two ships at once. If you get you ships back, your ship will become a big ship with more powerful ammo. Galaga '88 also features scrolling levels with bosses and attack formations in the middle of them, though it has the usual attack formation stages too.

Upvote 0

fdldd

Dec 13, 2003
✟135.00
Faith
Christian
I used to play Atari's River Raid, I loved that game! The first arcade game I loved to play was Space Invaders I think it had just come out, now don't want to date myself, but I think that was 1978. :) Then there was "Raid on Moscow" on one of those obsolete commodores, I think when my parent's sold their house a couple years ago they gave it away to the Smithsonian! lol

Upvote 0

Colabomb

I seek sin like a moth towards flame, save me God.
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟19,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Isair50 said:
I like Shark! Shark! (Intellivision), Astrosmash(Intellivision) and The Original Super Mario for NES. I am only 15 and most people my age that play video games don't like the classics like I do.
16, and a classic lover.

I was just playing SMBs3 on NES the other day, and I still play genesis too! :)

Upvote 0