• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Old Earth Creation Museum Now Open Six Billion Years A Week

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by St_Worm2, Aug 23, 2017.

1. St_Worm2

St_Worm2 Senior Member Supporter

+37,214
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]

LOS ANGELES, CA—A posting on a local old-earth creation museum’s website and front door confirmed Monday that the establishment is now open six billion years a week.

The posting stated that the Center For Old-Earth Research would be open to the public for six “ages” or “eons” every week, Monday through Saturday.

“We would just be open six days, but that word ‘days’ is so open to interpretation,” head curator Dr. John Russell told reporters asking for comment on the new policy. “We just wanted to come out and state our business hours as plainly and literally as possible, so that people wouldn’t be misled by our use of plain English.”

“I mean, it’d be really confusing if we said we were open for exactly six days, but we didn’t actually mean ‘days,’ you know?” he added.

At publishing time, a competing museum had announced its new “gap hours,” in which the museum will be open for two hours on Sunday morning and then close down for fifteen billion years before re-opening. ~Old Earth Creation Museum Now Open Six Billion Years A Week

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Phil 1:21

Phil 1:21 Well-Known Member

+4,323
    Christian
    Married
    I appreciate humor.

3. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldy my friend Supporter

+25,025
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

4. samir

samir Well-Known Member

+563
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    Those of use who interpret the Genesis creation story literally should mock those who believe in evolution and let everyone know how stupid they are for believing it.

5. St_Worm2

+37,214
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hi Samir, I am YEC now because of what the Bible clearly teaches us, but it's not like our friends who hold to either Theistic or Atheistic evolution don't have a BIG leg to stand on concerning what they believe. In fact, the cosmological evidence for an old earth is difficult to argue against.

That said, why would you (especially as a Christian) ever choose to "mock" anyone for any reason (or call anyone "stupid") :scratch: I'm hoping that your comments were actually meant to be humorous in some manner or another.

--David

6. samir

samir Well-Known Member

+563
    Christian Seeker
    Private
    I was just posting what it sounded like the museum was doing.

7. St_Worm2

+37,214
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm sorry Samir, I should have made it more obvious that this was actually a satirical piece from the get-go. It's from The Babylon Bee's website, which is all Christian satire.

--David

8. St_Worm2

+37,214
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hi @samir, I think it's important for me to mention this as well. Here are three Biblical descriptions of how we are to behave towards others as Christians (and the reasons why), REGARDLESS of how they are treating us.

Matthew 7
    12 However you want people to treat you, so treat them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

1 Peter 3
    15 Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence.

Matthew 5
    16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Yours and His,
    David

Luke 6
    35 Love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.