Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I expect that when we are raised up perfect on the last day sin will not be an option, at the moment one has to manage his own righteous.

See why this subject is so important? It is too important to ignore.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I expect that when we are raised up perfect on the last day sin will not be an option, at the moment one has to manage his own righteous.

That doctrine came out of the church age of Sardis. Jesus called it the dead church. It was a false doctrine.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Come on now. You tried to get all religious about the word "Spirit" so to accomodate you I used "breath of God. So can you answer the question? How does God free us from the law of sin and death.

I am not sure you understand what you are asking; and I have to guess. He frees us by substituting His blood for ours but the problem is who is us, us who cackle like chooks or us who keep the commandments.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am not sure you understand what you are asking; and I have to guess. He frees us by substituting His blood for ours but the problem is who is us, us who cackle like chooks or us who keep the commandments.

The Ten Commandments were to show us our sin and to keep us till Christ. Christ didn't die for us just to take our punishment, but to free us from the curse of our carnal nature that Adam's sin produced. He was manifested to TAKE AWAY OUR SIN not just show us our sin, and in Him there is no sin. You see, when we repented of our sin and surrendered our lives to Christ, He gives us His Spirit. His Spirit kills the desire to sin. Romans 6:2 says we are DEAD TO SIN. And 1 John 3:9 says we CANNOT SIN. That is the power of the Holy Spirit. Then the Holy Spirit plants the seed of the fruit of the Spirit. Through walking in the Spirit we are no longer under the law. Galatians 5.

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No, dear, that is a false doctrine that has been around for centuries, and is not scriptural. What is the baptism of the Holy Spirit for? Just to speak in tongues???

I am not aware that anyone has been baptized with the Holy Spirit yet; unless it was the original apostles at Pentecost. The purpose of it is to make the person Holy; I do not believe Holy describes the original apostles; it would describe Christ. The Holy spirit is a helper for those working for Christ but not for pretenders.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I am not aware that anyone has been baptized with the Holy Spirit yet; unless it was the original apostles at Pentecost. The purpose of it is to make the person Holy; I do not believe Holy describes the original apostles; it would describe Christ. The Holy spirit is a helper for those working for Christ but not for pretenders.

Then how can anyone be saved if they do not belong to Christ?

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

I'm off to bed, but I just have to ask you. Are you getting these "doctrines" on your own, or are you following some teacher? If a teacher, who?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Ten Commandments were to show us our sin and to keep us till Christ. Christ didn't die for us just to take our punishment, but to free us from the curse of our carnal nature that Adam's sin produced. He was manifested to TAKE AWAY OUR SIN not just show us our sin, and in Him there is no sin. You see, when we repented of our sin and surrendered our lives to Christ, He gives us His Spirit. His Spirit kills the desire to sin. Romans 6:2 says we are DEAD TO SIN. And 1 John 3:9 says we CANNOT SIN. That is the power of the Holy Spirit. Then the Holy Spirit plants the seed of the fruit of the Spirit. Through walking in the Spirit we are no longer under the law. Galatians 5.

According to 1 John 3:9 not being able to sin is dependent on being born of God; because I have never meet anyone who was unable to sin I assume being born of God has not happened yet or else there is a possibility one can fall; 1 John is all about warning of deception and false prophets.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Then how can anyone be saved if they do not belong to Christ?

I'm off to bed, but I just have to ask you. Are you getting these "doctrines" on your own, or are you following some teacher? If a teacher, who?

Being saved is synonymous with belonging to Christ, belonging to Christ is not a condition of being saved; us lucky ones are redeemed by His blood; redeemed means buying something you have previously owned back, like buying your stolen car back from the thief.

I am fortunate to receive doctrine directly and indirectly from God who is spirit; but I have to wonder about you.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Being saved is synonymous with belonging to Christ, belonging to Christ is not a condition of being saved; us lucky ones are redeemed by His blood; redeemed means buying something you have previously owned back, like buying your stolen car back from the thief.

I am fortunate to receive doctrine directly and indirectly from God who is spirit; but I have to wonder about you.

Unfortunately, what you are "receiving" is not in scripture.

We have to be redeemed because of Adam's sin. Jesus "takes away our sin" meaning by giving us the Holy Spirit we are no longer in the old sinful nature, we are in the Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
According to 1 John 3:9 not being able to sin is dependent on being born of God; because I have never meet anyone who was unable to sin I assume being born of God has not happened yet or else there is a possibility one can fall; 1 John is all about warning of deception and false prophets.

Some of this is right and some of what you just said is absolutely wrong. When we walk in the Spirit we cannot sin. Acts 2:38 tells us to repent and be baptized...and you shall receive the Holy Spirit. Receiving the Holy Spirit is being baptized with the Holy Spirit, what you said can't happen (wrong).

What you are right about is that the reason for John writing the epistle of 1 John was because of the Gnostics and Nicolaitans. It has many comparative tests in it to show us the difference between walking in their darkness, and walking in the light. For instance, 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 describes those false doctrines. 1 John 1:7 describes a Christian. And verse 9 shows those cultists how to become a Christian. The same comparative tests are in 1 John 3:4-9. And 1 John 4:1-3 describes what the false doctrine is that the G and N believe.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Please explain.

Revelation 2 and 3 has the seven letters Christ wrote to the Church. They are a prophecy of the church as in "ages" until He returns. In chapter 3 is Sardis (the age of the Reformation) Some of what you said when we first started this dialog were some of the false things from the Reformation. "We will always sin." The blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit must be pretty weak if that's the case. I'd say more like a slap in the face.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I expect that when we are raised up perfect on the last day sin will not be an option, at the moment one has to manage his own righteous.[/QUOTE]

One could wonder what the cross of Christ achieved-for some

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not use Paul, myself;
If you do not use/ignore the person who wrote half the books of the NT, and two thirds of the instructional books concerning the NC once it had come into operation, I'm afraid I must ignore your posts as you ignore/don't use his books

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Some of this is right and some of what you just said is absolutely wrong. When we walk in the Spirit we cannot sin. Acts 2:38 tells us to repent and be baptized...and you shall receive the Holy Spirit. Receiving the Holy Spirit is being baptized with the Holy Spirit, what you said can't happen (wrong).

What you are right about is that the reason for John writing the epistle of 1 John was because of the Gnostics and Nicolaitans. It has many comparative tests in it to show us the difference between walking in their darkness, and walking in the light. For instance, 1 John 1:6, 8 and 10 describes those false doctrines. 1 John 1:7 describes a Christian. And verse 9 shows those cultists how to become a Christian. The same comparative tests are in 1 John 3:4-9. And 1 John 4:1-3 describes what the false doctrine is that the G and N believe.

Your doing the same thing with my word as you do with scripture, reading thing that are not there.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟487,658.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 2 and 3 has the seven letters Christ wrote to the Church. They are a prophecy of the church as in "ages" until He returns. In chapter 3 is Sardis (the age of the Reformation) Some of what you said when we first started this dialog were some of the false things from the Reformation. "We will always sin." The blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit must be pretty weak if that's the case. I'd say more like a slap in the face.

Five of the seven churches as a whole failed and it was not because the spirit of God was weak, it was because the people were weak.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Five of the seven churches as a whole failed and it was not because the spirit of God was weak, it was because the people were weak.

Everyone is weak without the Holy Spirit, Christ's gift to those who repent and surrender their lives to Him. Then, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

• Agree
Reactions: Marco70
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Question to @BobRyan. What covenant was given by God on Mt. Sinai? Whatever it was represented Ishmael and was to be "cast out"

As we all know - "old covenant" was given in fact to Adam as "Obey and Live"

But when it comes to OT Israel at Sinai -- Paul says the "Gospel was preached to THEM (Israel at Sinai) - just as it was to US also " Heb 4:1

Yet Sinai was not an "individual" covenant (and the New Covenant is) . In other words it is not as though there were 2 million sinless "individuals" at Sinai -- until they started worshiping the golden calf.

Thus it is the NEW Covenant according to Paul - the Gospel that was being given all along - but at Sinai it was given with visual aids and illustrations.

The national-covenant at Sinai is used as a "symbol" of the Old Covenant made with Adam "obey and live" because at the level of 'a nation' that is how it was framed. Only national apostasy / rebellion -- would break it. An individual who coveted on that day or any other -- would not break that covenant.

The SAME moral Law (that includes the TEN Commandments) is in both the Old and and NEW Covenant as the Bible shows and as even
The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson -- freely demonstrate that they too can see this glaringly obvious Bible detail.

I don't think that this particular post is "news" to very many people -- not even
the Westminster Confession of Faith

Some will argue "The NEW Covenant was just made with the House of Israel according to the actual text - so it is not for Christians" -- those folks may be few and possibly confused so we will also address that in this thread.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
As we all know - "old covenant" was given in fact to Adam as "Obey and Live"

But when it comes to OT Israel at Sinai -- Paul says the "Gospel was preached to THEM (Israel at Sinai) - just as it was to US also " Heb 4:1

Yet Sinai was not an "individual" covenant (and the New Covenant is) . In other words it is not as though there were 2 million sinless "individuals" at Sinai -- until they started worshiping the golden calf.

Thus it is the NEW Covenant according to Paul - the Gospel that was being given all along - but at Sinai it was given with visual aids and illustrations.

The national-covenant at Sinai is used as a "symbol" of the Old Covenant made with Adam "obey and live" because at the level of 'a nation' that is how it was framed. Only national apostasy / rebellion -- would break it. An individual who coveted on that day or any other -- would not break that covenant.

The SAME moral Law (that includes the TEN Commandments) is in both the Old and and NEW Covenant as the Bible shows and as even
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson -- freely demonstrate that they too can see this glaringly obvious Bible detail.

I don't think that this particular post is "news" to very many people -- not even
the Westminster Confession of Faith

Some will argue "The NEW Covenant was just made with the House of Israel according to the actual text - so it is not for Christians" -- those folks may be few and possibly confused so we will also address that in this thread.

Are you quoting you or EGW. One of the two because it is not in the Bible.

What was the "gospel" that was preached before Christ? How was is worded?

Last edited:
Upvote 0