Okay, they said to introduce myself. I have been a born again believer for 4 decades.

Joyful Seeker

Mar 16, 2018
Tillamook
✟15,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A brief introduction could be hard for me and my husband would be first to agree. Fitting a word in with me can be difficult at times. I tell many I am not very good with punctuation as I hardly take a breath when speaking so have no idea where a comma may go. LOL.

I was raised in the Methodist church by a believing mother and an unbelieving father. He never set foot inside of a church, as far as I know, except for my first wedding. When I was 16 I converted to Catholicism as my best friend was Catholic and I loved the rituals of the Catholic church. The Methodists were very quiet with strict observance of the time schedule for the church service, at least from my young point of view. I married very young to a rebellious Catholic boy, and 9 years and 2 children later left the church to attend a Four Square Gospel church where I was born again and filled with the Holy Spirit.

I remarried a nice Lutheran man and we decided together that denominational churches had issues. We, and about 20 others, tired of man-made doctrines, formed a non-denominational church. We all just wanted to study the Bible without interference from the administrative offices of denominationalism. The Lord has seen fit to bless that little church, in our little rural town, for the past 30 years. We have an average attendance throughout the years of about 75 to 100 people who come for the word and the fellowship. Our current pastor has been with us for 15 years.

My second husband and I have been married for 35 years. We both had 2 children from our previous marriages, who are adults, and some are grandparents themselves. We have 9 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. Our quivers are full!

We have been blessed and we give all glory and praise to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

With that said, I am here to see what you all are talking about and possibly ask a few questions of my own. I am honestly a "Joy Seeker" and try really hard not to cause waves.

Okay, that's my intro! God Bless everyone!

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome dear Sister, I preach at a church just like this. We got tired of "denominational" issues and just wanted to serve Christ, so we started our little church and it is truly amazing what the Lord has done and continues to do. Bless you and I know that you have found a wonderful home here.
clap.gif

Reactions: Joyful Seeker
Upvote 0