Okay, I just gotta know...am I the only one that spends over 12 hours on the forum?

Heart2Soul

Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So please be honest if you are like me....if I am the only one I seriously need to seek help in my addiction....
Oh and the anxiety I go through waiting for a response from someone I have created a conversation with it's like being in the waiting room waiting for the doctor/nurse to tell you the news.....
and yeah, like I will leave and within 1 hour I will have logged back in at least 12 times to see if they responded yet....
And if it is a topic I like and know something about and the discussion is friendly I can be here another 12 hours...…..
WHAT is WRONG with ME.....lol....

Now there have been the discussions that I felt I had to defend my belief on to my death...and a lot of anger would rise up in me....I would have to leave and stay away a couple of days and go to prayer and repent and ask God to forgive me.....then I would come back all composed and peaceful again.....

So.....anyone? I surely am not alone with this....am I?

I am anxiously awaiting your replies.....please hurry!:)

Heart2Soul

Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just a regular day.
Ahhhh sigh of relief....so I didn't own a computer until I started college for nursing school in 2014 and I used it for school mostly...after school....I kept getting on it and it wasn't long I found this place.....I was on for over 24 hours the first month of joining...so this is how the kids get addicted to their devices.....oh no...we need help!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,126,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So please be honest if you are like me....if I am the only one I seriously need to seek help in my addiction....
Oh and the anxiety I go through waiting for a response from someone I have created a conversation with it's like being in the waiting room waiting for the doctor/nurse to tell you the news.....
and yeah, like I will leave and within 1 hour I will have logged back in at least 12 times to see if they responded yet....
And if it is a topic I like and know something about and the discussion is friendly I can be here another 12 hours...…..

Now there have been the discussions that I felt I had to defend my belief on to my death...and a lot of anger would rise up in me....I would have to leave and stay away a couple of days and go to prayer and repent and ask God to forgive me.....then I would come back all composed and peaceful again.....

For some of us, it's just an irregular day. But here we are....:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have to limit the time I spend on here; I haven't gone 12 hours, but I've gone 3 before, and can get lost on here. It's a good thing to do, but one must always balance!

Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Your Profile says you're single. This is why you have the time to be on Christian Forums 12 hours a day. Get married and found a family, pretty soon you'll have no time anymore at all....

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the internet.
I have already self banned on another forum....was fixing to do so here but I am still waiting for a response from that person spoken of above....2 days now....I got to get this under control and get back to reading my Bible and saying my prayers.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your Profile says you're single. This is why you have the time to be on Christian Forums 12 hours a day. Get married and found a family, pretty soon you'll have no time anymore at all....
2 Grown daughters and 5 grandkids.....husband is deceased....so I do have a lot of free time.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Marriage is the cure to addiction. Let me jot this down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dirk1540

Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

...WHAT is WRONG with ME.....lol....
Well, this would seem like completely understandable behavior if the member was acting this way because they were conversing with me. But since I’ve never posted with you before yes this is rather odd behavior!! Lol

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

salt-n-light

Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

I've checked from time to time, since in my normal day-to-day there are topics here that I'm not able to freely talk about with those in my environment.

But 12 hours is not healthy. You have to use your time more wisely. You can try researching topics that maybe come up in the forums that you haven't thought about yet, learn about it, and give input. Sometimes I see topics where I would love to give a response, but I know that I would be just responding off the top of my head, so it challenges me to step back and research.

Or maybe ask people for recommendations to music, events, and books that would make you feel engage with the community in the forums without being in the forums. Who knows, you might stumble on something you wanna share with others you face personally.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Heart2Soul, post: 73043272, member: 402415"]So please be honest if you are like me....if I am the only one I seriously need to seek help in my addiction....
WHAT is WRONG with ME.....lol....[/QUOTE
The diagnosis is similar to , (probably, unofficially, unauthorized, laymen's words)
OCD, and various like this.
It happens to teens, youngers, olders, with cell phones, internet, etc etc etc
Doctor's are seeing more and more of this,
and some are learning what to do, how to deal with it,
and the dangers (mental, spiritual and physical) of letting it continue.

Upvote 0