Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
If you are talking about listening to Christian music at all times, no, I don't believe we have to. When you want to worship God, listening to Christian music makes sense.

I'm an EMT, so I am in an ambulance much of the time. I listen to mostly country music as it's a neutral genre that my partners and I automatically agree on. Sometimes I'll listen we'll listen to a play it all station that tends to stick to 80's type music. In my car it's country music and Pandora through my Bluetooth.

I'll listen to Christian music when I need to be uplifted and am having a really bad time of things.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't listen to worship music, is that a problem? It just isn't to my taste, but to a lot of Christians worship music is an important part of their relationship with God. Am I missing out on a lot?

If you mean the modern style christian band music...

The early church got on just fine without it...

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I liked Christian themed pop rock music for entertainment. I worked in CCM radio.. I disliked the switch to what is now called p&w that took place in the late 90s early 00s.
I moved to mainstream rock radio.

Rock music et Al has no place in the Liturgy IMHO.

Upvote 0

froggtmom

Aug 20, 2019
Flat Rock
✟15,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Worshiping God with songs and music is biblical and is found in both the Old (Exodus 15:1 and New Ephesians 5:19 Testaments. There are so many different Christian music groups out there ,hopefully you can find one you like. My suggestion is Hillsong Worship.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't listen to worship music, is that a problem? It just isn't to my taste, but to a lot of Christians worship music is an important part of their relationship with God. Am I missing out on a lot?
I don't listen to worship music either, and when I hear secular music that sounds like worship music, I change the station.

I will however, sing in church, and there are some songs which I will sometimes sing during my devotion time.

If there is Christian music that you like (it doesn't have to be sung on Sunday) with worshipful content, that can be your worship music in your private life. Still sing in church, of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums