Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is my abortion story in a nutshell. You can read it if you want to.
When I was halfway through my first pregnancy I was told that they suspected my child had special needs (Spina Bifida and clubbed feet) nearly three years ago now. I was 20 weeks pregnant with the twins one boy one girl they also told me that during my scan. I struggled to decide what to do next. After several days of discussion and prayer I decided to continue with the pregnancy. My partner left the decision on abortion up to me since I was carrying them.
I am currently staunchly pro life as a result of my experience back in the summer of 2016. Previously I used to sit on the fence regarding abortion. All life is sacred and too precious to waste as well. Good luck with your decision. It was such a tough decision to make.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟438,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Up top the mountain we believe abortion to be a sin.

I have been to Christian abortion recovery classes and they are not a pretty thing.

M-Bob

Yes, abortion is sin.
"Thou shalt not kill." (Exodus 20:13)

Yes, Christian abortion recovery classes may not be a 'pretty thing' …
but the healing work I have seen God do there … is beautiful.
I recommend them, for anyone suffering the after affects of abortion.
God loves you, and wants to heal you.

God bless.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Abortion is the shedding of innocent blood.

God abhors the shedding of innocent blood. It is listed amongst the seven abominations (sins) that God finds abhorrent.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Abortion is murder!
As with murder, the blood spilled by abortion is one of the ways that Satan establishes possession of territory.
It is vital that Christians understand the consequences of wrongly shed blood.
Deuteronomy21.-
1If one is found slain, lying in a field in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess, and it is not known who killed him, 2your elders and judges must come out and measure the distance from the victim to the neighboring cities.
The nearest community has to take spiritual responsibility for the blood on the ground.

3Then the elders of the city nearest the victim shall take a heifer that has never been yoked or used for work, 4bring the heifer to a valley with running water that has not been plowed or sown, and break its neck there by the stream.
Break the heifer's neck simply means to strike its head off so the blood flows.

5And the priests, the sons of Levi, shall come forward, for the LORD your God has chosen them to serve Him and pronounce blessings in His name and to give a ruling in every dispute and case of assault. 6Then all the elders of the city nearest the victim shall wash their hands by the stream over the heifer whose neck has been broken, 7and they shall declare, “Our hands did not shed this blood, nor did our eyes see it. 8Accept this atonement, O LORD, for Your people Israel whom You have redeemed, and do not hold the shedding of innocent blood against them.”
Note that the atoning blood is poured out freshly for those who are already a redeemed people.

And the bloodshed will be atoned for. 9So you shall purge from among you the guilt of shedding innocent blood, since you have done what is right in the eyes of the LORD.
Had they not poured out the blood of atonement, the land would remain demonically polluted and the guilt of that murder would fall on their community.

Back in 1997, during a sustained period of intercession for the UK, the Lord gave me a dream. In it I saw a large green bottle of wine being poured all over the land.
As I watched, I was suddenly woken from the dream by the audible voice of the Lord giving a very imperative command. "Redeem the land with the wine of the testimony!"

I instantly understood that the Lord was instructing us to pour the wine of communion over the land as an act of redemption.

Over the following period, the Lord gave me much more on the subject, but suffice it to say that the blood of redemption is not limited to getting us to heaven when we die!

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Up top the mountain we believe abortion to be a sin.

I have been to Christian abortion recovery classes and they are not a pretty thing.

M-Bob

Abortion is a sin because murder is a sin.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Yes, it falls under the sixth commandment, "Thou shalt not kill" (Exodus 20:13).
You are obviously right, but it goes much further back than the Law of Moses.-

Genesis9.
5And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

6“Whoever sheds man's blood, by man shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind.
This last statement to Noah makes it clear that the punishment for murder has to be death.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, Christian abortion recovery classes may not be a 'pretty thing' …
but the healing work I have seen God do there … is beautiful.
I recommend them, for anyone suffering the after affects of abortion.
God loves you, and wants to heal you.

God bless.

I agree and I highly recommend those Christian abortion recovery groups for anyone that may be interested.
M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Genesis9.
5And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

6“Whoever sheds man's blood, by man shall their blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made mankind.
This last statement to Noah makes it clear that the punishment for murder has to be death.

Good points, better than mine!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,704.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This is my abortion story in a nutshell. You can read it if you want to.
When I was halfway through my first pregnancy I was told that they suspected my child had special needs (Spina Bifida and clubbed feet) nearly three years ago now. I was 20 weeks pregnant with the twins one boy one girl they also told me that during my scan. I struggled to decide what to do next. After several days of discussion and prayer I decided to continue with the pregnancy. My partner left the decision on abortion up to me since I was carrying them.
I am currently staunchly pro life as a result of my experience back in the summer of 2016. Previously I used to sit on the fence regarding abortion. All life is sacred and too precious to waste as well. Good luck with your decision. It was such a tough decision to make.
It takes a lot of courage to make a decision like that knowing that bringing up and caring for a special needs child is going to be a major challenge for you. But the process, I am sure, has greatly increased your compassion, and your child will love you to bits for it.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party

Genesis9.

I should have added that the judicial shedding of the murderer's blood, requites the shed blood of the victim, as per Deuteronomy21, and removes the curse from the land. (See my post No6).
Removal of the death penalty has granted dividends to Satan.

If Christians want to see revival, and to wrest the land back from demonic control, then we should all be pouring the wine of the testimony to Christ's death out on the land.
This must be done on a regular basis because the sacrifice of children's lives to demons is being done on a regular basis.

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Is abortion a sin. All depends on the reasons for the abortion. If the mother’s life is jeopardy due to the pregnancy. Well what than. Perhaps the mother has two other children. Is she to risk the well being of the entire family unit to a unknown future by giving up her own life? Rape is another issue when it’s comes to abortion as well. Who really wants the memory of some sadistic animal who has just violated and impregnated you with his seed. What greater humiliation to than have to raise his child and to have live with that memory staring you in the face everyday. Yes there be some grounds for abortion, some may know of some more . But apart from those mentioned above I’m a great believer in Pro life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Rape is another issue when it’s comes to abortion as well. Who really wants the memory of some sadistic animal who has just violated and impregnated you with his seed. What greater humiliation to than have to raise his child and to have live with that memory staring you in the face everyday. Yes there be some grounds for abortion, some may know of some more . But apart from those mentioned above I’m a great believer in Pro life.
Why is it that the how in which a new human being coming into existence determines whether or not it's morally acceptable in the eyes of God to kill them? Is our moral worth and value based upon how we came into existence, or is it rooted in being created in God's image?

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
SPF is it morally acceptable to accept someone’s child through the act of rape. Some do but most do not. Do remember that the stigma is apon that lady for the rest of her life . Do you think it’s morally acceptable that the rapist may get rather clucky with his feelings later in life, and might decide to return and admire what he has bred. Why is it that you expect the ultimate sacrifice of every woman to give life to something that should never have been. I’m some curious to your thoughts on that

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
SPF is it morally acceptable to accept someone’s child through the act of rape. Some do but most do not. Do remember that the stigma is apon that lady for the rest of her life . Do you think it’s morally acceptable that the rapist may get rather clucky with his feelings later in life, and might decide to return and admire what he has bred. Why is it that you expect the ultimate sacrifice of every woman to give life to something that should never have been. I’m some curious to your thoughts on that
You do realize that you completely and totally dodged my questions and didn't address them in the least. Is there a reason for this?

Why is it that the how in which a new human being coming into existence determines whether or not it's morally acceptable in the eyes of God to kill them? Is our moral worth and value based upon how we came into existence, or is it rooted in being created in God's image?

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You do realize that you completely and totally dodged my questions and didn't address them in the least. Is there a reason for this?

SPF I think I did answer your question in my previous letter. ( why is it that the how in which a new human being coming into existence determines whether or not it’s morally acceptable in the eyes of God to kill them.) Because it all depends how it was conceived. I never dodged your question at all. Shame you never bothered to answer mine. So Your saying it’s morally correct in the eyes of God to give birth to a child conceived by a rapist.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Because it all depends how it was conceived.
So you believe that our moral worth and value is not rooted and based in the fact that we are created in the image of God, but is instead rooted and based in how we are conceived?

Does that mean that the mother who chooses to carry a child to term that came into existence by non-loving means is less morally valuable and less created in the image of God?

Do you realize what you're saying? I've honestly never once in my entire life heard someone actually state that they believe the moral worth and value of a human being is indeed based upon the how in which they were conceived! You really believe that?!

So Your saying it’s morally correct in the eyes of God to give birth to a child conceived by a rapist.
What I'm saying is that all human beings are equally created in the image of God and equally possess the same inherent moral worth and value. If we were to line up 3 adults, one was conceived by two married, loving parents, one was conceived by in-vitro fertilization, and the other conceived by rape - are you suggesting that the moral worth and value of these three adults is actually going to vary? Are you suggesting that one is created more in the image of God than another?

Are you suggesting that God actually considers some of HIS creation as less morally valuable because of how they were conceived?!

Upvote 0