Los Angeles Area
✟827,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced on Thursday that he has tested positive for coronavirus.

The announcement came shortly before DeWine, a Republican, was scheduled to meet with President Donald Trump in Cleveland.

DeWine was tested as part of the "standard protocol" to greet Trump on the tarmac at Burke Lakefront Airport, the governor's office said in a statement. He is returning to Columbus, where he and his wife Fran will both be tested.

DeWine is the second known governor to test positive for coronavirus, after Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt announced in July he had contracted Covid-19.

• Informative
Reactions: Halbhh

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope DeWine does well, and has no serious lasting ill effects. He's one of the better governors in terms of understanding details and caring about doing things in the best way it appears from his briefings he was giving in April and May which I saw several of for hours altogether, so it would be pleasant if he returns fully able.

• Prayers
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope DeWine does well, and has no serious lasting ill effects. He's one of the better governors in terms of understanding details and caring about doing things in the best way it appears from his briefings he was giving in April and May which I saw several of for hours altogether, so it would be pleasant if he returns fully able.
He tested negative Thursday night. They did a regular PCR test in the evening.

August 6, 2020 / 10:37 PM / CBS News

Ohio governor Mike DeWine announced Thursday morning that he had tested positive for the coronavirus — but on Thursday night, he said a second test came back negative. The reason for the discrepancy between the test results was not immediately clear.

DeWine's initial test results were reported ahead of a planned meeting with President Trump on the tarmac at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland. Instead of meeting with Mr. Trump, DeWine returned to Columbus and was ultimately tested for coronavirus a second time.

The Ohio governor's office said in a statement that the second test was a PCR test, which the office described as "extremely sensitive, as well as specific, for the virus." When DeWine was tested earlier in the day, an antigen test was used.

Ohio governor says he tested negative for COVID-19 hours after announcing positive result

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0