Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ohio Democrat tried to trade votes for cash, could get 50 years in prison, authorities say

A Cincinnati city councilwoman could face up to 50 years in prison after being arrested Tuesday on federal corruption charges, authorities say, according to reports.

Shortly after being taken into custody, Tamaya Dennard appeared in court in handcuffs and leg irons to face charges of honest services fraud, bribery and attempted extortion, FOX 19 of Cincinnati reported.

In one instance, a source linked to a downtown development project, who was cooperating with the FBI, handed Dennard a cashier’s check for $10,000.

“Oh, that’s perfect,” Dennard, 40, is heard saying on a recording, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer. “Thank you. … I’m going right to the bank on this.”

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“Oh, that’s perfect,” Dennard, 40, is heard saying on a recording, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer. “Thank you. … I’m going right to the bank on this.”

Does this mean that she took a check for the bribe and was headed to her bank so as to make a deposit?

Has she never been to the movies?
Or read a newspaper?
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Ohio Democrat tried to trade votes for cash, could get 50 years in prison, authorities say

A Cincinnati city councilwoman could face up to 50 years in prison after being arrested Tuesday on federal corruption charges, authorities say, according to reports.

Shortly after being taken into custody, Tamaya Dennard appeared in court in handcuffs and leg irons to face charges of honest services fraud, bribery and attempted extortion, FOX 19 of Cincinnati reported.

In one instance, a source linked to a downtown development project, who was cooperating with the FBI, handed Dennard a cashier’s check for $10,000.

Coincidently, Roger Stone was also facing a potential sentence of 50 years. after being found guilty by a jury on all 7 counts!

Can we assume that should a Democratic president be elected, Trump and his supporters will remain silent should this new President "mirror" the recent actions of his/her predecessor by attacking the integrity of the presiding judge, the jury foreperson, the prosecutors, the Department of Justice ..... ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Given that this President has just pardoned the former Governor of Illinois for attempting to sell-off Barack Obama's Senate seat, Ms Dennard's transgression pales in comparison!

The FOXNEWS suggestion is closer to the truth than one might think, all 11 of those given a recent presidential pardon had one thing in common - each was the subject of discussion at one time or another on the "Pardon Network," which is what separates them from the other 14 000 applications for a presidential pardon that were ignored!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

3rd arrest in 2020:

FBI Agents Arrest Cincinnati Democrat For Accepting Bribes in Exchange For Votes

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Given that this President has just pardoned the former Governor of Illinois for attempting to sell-off Barack Obama's Senate seat, Ms Dennard's transgression pales in comparison!

Prosecutors in North Carolina filed new felony charges against a Republican political operative accused of ballot tampering in a congressional election in 2018.

Leslie McCrae Dowless was charged Tuesday with two counts of felony obstruction of justice, perjury, solicitation to commit perjury, conspiracy to obstruct justice and illegal possession of absentee ballots, according to a statement by Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman.

The charges relate to the tainted 9th congressional district election last year in which Republican Mark Harris led in the unofficial vote tally by a margin of about 900 votes over Democrat Dan McCready. But the election results were overturned by the state after an investigation into an absentee ballot operation on Harris' behalf suggested that Dowless had improperly collected and possibly tampered with ballots.
North Carolina GOP Operative Faces New Felony Charges That Allege Ballot Fraud

Steal a senate seat, steal a congressional election, and republicans are just fine with that. Selective outrage. Notice they are just as happy with a democrat doing wholesale corruption. As long as it's someone big time, they get a pass.

And republicans wonder why people are turning away from them.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I agree that she should go to prison. However seeing a revival of this posting today could give the impression that this has something to do with the election. She sought bribes for her own vote. It appears that it was votes in city council meetings, although the stories I’ve seen aren’t clear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree that she should go to prison. However seeing a revival of this posting today could give the impression that this has something to do with the election. She sought bribes for her own vote. It appears that it was votes in city council meetings, although the stories I’ve seen aren’t clear.

Yes, but that's pretty much all that Trump's lawyers have left. And he's paying them well to say indefensible things, hoping to at least convince his dwindling followers to give him the cash he so desperately needs now.

Where Trump's recount fundraising dollars are really going ...

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

I thought voter fraud didn't exist....

Having said that, I completely oppose prison for situations like this. There is no connection between what she did and 50 years in the slam. She won't get 50 years but regardless there is no connection between the crime and punishment.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I thought voter fraud didn't exist....

Having said that, I completely oppose prison for situations like this. There is no connection between what she did and 50 years in the slam. She won't get 50 years but regardless there is no connection between the crime and punishment.
This wasn't voter fraud. This was buying a politician. I don't think many of us would claim that this doesn't occur.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This wasn't voter fraud. This was buying a politician. I don't think many of us would claim that this doesn't occur.
I misread the headline. My comments on the punishment stands. There is no connection between what she did and the punishment. My broader point is about the prison industry and punishment in this country.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I misread the headline. My comments on the punishment stands. There is no connection between what she did and the punishment. My broader point is about the prison industry and punishment in this country.
I completely agree. Unfortunately any time you want to decrease the use of prison you get attacked by conservatives for being soft on crime. I’m near enough NY that I heard lots of vicious ads like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I completely agree. Unfortunately any time you want to decrease the use of prison you get attacked by conservatives for being soft on crime. I’m near enough NY that I heard lots of vicious ads like that.
I am a conservative, which is why I oppose the progressive prison industrial complex.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You’re an old style conservative. The movement has been hijacked.
Most of the people calling themselves conservatives today have no idea how progressive they actually are. This is true from a church and theology standpoint as well as from a political standpoint. There is nothing conservative about the war on drugs and the massive state power it has created.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Most of the people calling themselves conservatives today have no idea how progressive they actually are. This is true from a church and theology standpoint as well as from a political standpoint. There is nothing conservative about the war on drugs and the massive state power it has created.
I cannot agree with the basic assertion, but I'd like to have you flesh out your thinking a bit, if you would please.

As for the drug war, it may not have been successful, but it's not as though conservatives are actually libertarians, you know. Government of any sort whatsoever is not automatically anathema to them.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I cannot agree with the basic assertion, but I'd like to have you flesh out your thinking a bit, if you would please.

As for the drug war, it may not have been successful, but it's not as though conservatives are actually libertarians, you know. Government of any sort whatsoever is not automatically anathema to them.
Jeffersonian conservatives never supported the massive progressive expansion of Federal power that began in the early 20th century. This includes Prohibition of all sorts, alcohol or drugs. All of these prohibitions are unconstitutional as the powers given to the Federal government are incredibly limited.

Upvote 0