Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, friends. It's nice to be back after a wonderful vacation with the family in Greece. I'll have to give you the link to our photos here in a second. First, I got this in my email today from our priest....

Dear Faithful in the Lord,

It is with great joy that I invite you to the Divine Liturgy next Saturday, June 5, 2010 at our parish. Fr. Sergius, the abbot of St. Tikhon's Orthodox Monastery in South Canaan, PA, will be concelebrating with me for this service. He is bringing many American saint's Relics and vestments from St. Alexis, St. Tikhon, St. Nikolai (Serbian), as well as the relics of St. Silouan (Russian), St. Herman, and St. Raphael. He might bring St. Innocent as well with his Gospel Metrical Book. He may possibly bring more! We are privileged and blessed to host such an event.

I hope that you will make every effort to attend to venerate the relics of these great saints and hear about the lives. If you recall, last year, May 2009, we had the beautiful and miraculous icon of Sitka at our parish, brought by Fr. Sergius. Please do not let this opportunity pass you by. Divine Liturgy will be at 9am.

In the Lord,

Fr. Dennis
Archangel Michael Greek Orthodox Church

:clap: :clap: :clap: I've been reading the life of St. Silouan for the past year, and am still reading his letters. Oh, I'm so excited to be back in time to be present, God willing for this! I was able to venerate relics in Greece from St. Nectarios, St. Andrew, St. Haralambos, and others. These past few weeks are a blessing for me and my family!!

Reactions: ma2000

rainbowbright

Veteran
Sep 4, 2005
exactly opposite of where I'd rather be
✟17,048.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yay! too bad I had to leave early. Isabella had gymnastics and I thought we had everything worked out to get her there, but it didn't work, but I couldn't let her miss gymnastics since she woke us both up at 5:45 am because she was so excited

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single