Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
92% of families said Child Tax Credit payments bolstered family finances, survey finds (yahoo.com)

92% of families surveyed by SaverLife, a nonprofit platform that helps people build savings, said the tax-credit payments helped improve their financial stability, with 59% of recipients saying it made a considerable difference in their finances,
52 Senators say, "Oh, well, nice while it lasted."
49% said the cash allowed them to pay critical utility bills on time.
52 Senators say, "Turn down your thermostats then."
74% of members receiving expanded payments were able to meet their daily needs by December, an increase of 23% compared to July.
52 Senators say,"Time to face reality this February."
52 Senators: 50 Republicans and Democrats Manchin and Sinema.
This part of "Build Back Better" built a better future for our country's kids--for 6 months.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
92% of families said Child Tax Credit payments bolstered family finances, survey finds (yahoo.com)

This part of "Build Back Better" built a better future for our country's kids--for 6 months.
The government could had out money month after month and people will find a use for it, sooner or later all those handouts have to be paid for, in the form of inflation and increased debt resulting in increased taxes.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Congratulations to all the parents out there. Now that your free handouts has caused virtually all my bills, groceries, gas, and pretty much everything I buy to double in price due to inflation and I have no children to get said handouts, I guess I'll go panhandle after work now.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Congratulations to all the parents out there. Now that your free handouts has caused virtually all my bills, groceries, gas, and pretty much everything I buy to double in price due to inflation and I have no children to get said handouts, I guess I'll go panhandle after work now.
Perhaps better shopping practices?

Inflation rises 7.5% over the past year,

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah. I guess I can turn down my thermostat too!
Just 5 degrees. You can probably stop heating all the bedrooms 24 hours.
I don't heat my RV and we sleep in it on occasion.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

For me it would be turning up the thermostat.

I leave it at 80 during the day on weekdays while I'm at work, but then at 5pm it automatically goes down to 77 as I am coming home and then at 10pm it drops to 74 for when I sleep. At 7am it goes back up to 77 and then at 8am back to 80.

The a/c is the biggest electric user in the apartment. It is from the middle 90s and they won't replace it since it still cools the apartment. My electric bill is around 180 in the summer with the above cooling schedule.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

My January electric bill was $131. Feb was $234 for the same usage. I could probably throw my central heat and air in the dumpster and still not get it down to what is was last month.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are in the same boat we all are in. How does blaming parents for your problems help anything? And who will you blame next month? Perhaps we could all do better. Educate yourself. Vote wisely. Volunteer to help. Join those trying to improve America instead of whining about your inconvenience.

• Winner
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There were no complaints when Trump ran up trillion dollar deficits because of tax giveaways to billionaires and the 1%.

Amazon pays zero taxes and you're blaming an underpaid Wal-Mart clerk with 3 kids.

I was paying 1.43 for gas when Trump was president. So were the walmart associates with 3 kids.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are in the same boat we all are in. How does blaming parents for your problems help anything? And who will you blame next month? Perhaps we could all do better. Educate yourself. Vote wisely. Volunteer to help. Join those trying to improve America instead of whining about your inconvenience.

I'm not blaming parents. I'm blaming the government. Also, I voted for Trump, so don't blame me for the economy or World War 3.

• Prayers
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not blaming parents. I'm blaming the government. Also, I voted for Trump, so don't blame me for the economy or World War 3.
There are principles of cause and effect which many people cannot comprehend. America elected trump as president. America now sees the consequences of this misguided and short sighted decision. If you do not want any blame for anything, I would suggest silence. Peace

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are principles of cause and effect which many people cannot comprehend. America elected trump as president. America now sees the consequences of this misguided and short sighted decision. If you do not want any blame for anything, I would suggest silence. Peace

I'm sorry. I didn't realize Trump was still the president! To bad it's not Joe Biden. We all know Putin definitely didn't want him elected since he's the only one that's went toe to toe with him!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There were no complaints when Trump ran up trillion dollar deficits because of tax giveaways to billionaires and the 1%.

Amazon pays zero taxes and you're blaming an underpaid Wal-Mart clerk with 3 kids.
Amazon has kept it's taxes low by reinvesting it's profits in jobs and R&D.
Amazon has always reinvested it's profits for the last 20 years, and so has paid low taxes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For me it would be turning up the thermostat.

I leave it at 80 during the day on weekdays while I'm at work, but then at 5pm it automatically goes down to 77 as I am coming home and then at 10pm it drops to 74 for when I sleep. At 7am it goes back up to 77 and then at 8am back to 80.

The a/c is the biggest electric user in the apartment. It is from the middle 90s and they won't replace it since it still cools the apartment. My electric bill is around 180 in the summer with the above cooling schedule.
The Amazon jungle and Milwaukee do have different heating requirements.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another failure of the Democratic leadership.

They hold the majority in the House and Senate and still can’t get anything passed.

Vividly shows the results of a fractured party and a weak Administration.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps, instead, it is more corrupt corporate influence on legislators. Manchin has heavy investments (and I believe partial ownership) in a coal company. His daughter was the CEO of a drug company that price gouged asthma meds when it had a chance.
Sinema is strongly indebted to corporations who are cheering her obstructionism on.
And how many badges would Republican legislators wear on their button down suits if they were NASCAR jackets?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps, instead, it is more corrupt corporate influence on legislators. Manchin has heavy investments (and I believe partial ownership) in a coal company. His daughter was the CEO of a drug company that price gouged asthma meds when it had a chance.
Sinema is strongly indebted to corporations who are cheering her obstructionism on.
And how many badges would Republican legislators wear on their button down suits if they were NASCAR jackets?

Horse hockey - The current Administration cannot get two of their own to follow the leader in blind lock step like the rest and you think it is Republicans fault and not theirs?

Beyond that, the Administration is so shattered and inept, they can't get ONE person on the other side of the aisle to agree.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Since the Obama administration, Mitch McConnell has said that his aim is to prevent a single Democratic bill from passing or getting any Republican support. I sense that may be changing a little bit as Trump divides the party. His praise of ex-KGB murderous dictator Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine was rightfully condemned by some Republicans, and hopefully a sign that they have just about had it with the former president. But at the moment, McConnell has the party locked down--although Murkowski and Collins may support Biden's judicial nominee.
I did not blame Republicans for Manchin's and Sinema's defections. I blame their close ties to energy and pharmaceutical corporations from whom they have accepted a great deal of monetary support, and in which they have invested heavily. As a part owner in a coal mine, Manchin should probably recuse himself from voting on any climate-related issues--not that that would help.
This is why it is so important to pass legislation prohibiting individual stock ownership by current Senators and Congressmen. If they do own these assets, they should be in a blind trust during their terms.
I am not discounting that many Republicans are also too closely tied and indebted to corporations as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0