Oh the humanity! - Why don't evolutionists retell what it was like to be something other than human?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I am writing to you guys because I can trust you to take my tangents of thought a little more seriously (if not completely): this one is a doozy!

This is the theory: if humans were once monkeys, they should be able to retell what it was like to have been a monkey or something like it - in the same manner that someone whose family had "giant humans" in their lineage is able to express what it would have been like to have been a giant (see the message?).

The imagination fails Evolutionists, precisely at the point when their instinct would be needed to carry out an Evolutionary step - a step towards less selection pressure overall. That's my argument, anyway: if you were "it" in the past, you should be able to sound like it "now".

Such as it is, human's can caricature their relationship to other species, but they can not carry the difference using the logic of Evolution alone - the logic of Evolution is bound to the notion of potential, potential that can scale up and down, but not over leap a chasm of difference that species were on their own.

It would be like a monkey sounding like a bird to catch a bird for dinner, but then forgetting to be a monkey because he believed he would survive better sounding like a bird. Do you see the problem there? Do you see that a monkey sounding like a bird is not an end in itself, simply because Evolution is possible??

I won't go on at length, its not a killer argument - more like a disjunction between what we do for survival and what we become for survival (being two different things).

Thanks for your thoughts.

RC Tent

Jan 28, 2019
South
✟20,500.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the theory: if humans were once monkeys, they should be able to retell what it was like to have been a monkey or something like it - in the same manner that someone whose family had "giant humans" in their lineage is able to express what it would have been like to have been a giant (see the message?).

Evolution does not involve us having once been monkey's.

Are you saying that we should somehow be able to act as our theoretical "common ancestor" did?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi there,
This is the theory: if humans were once monkeys,

They weren't. Monkeys are too evolved in their own direction to have given rise to humans.

they should be able to retell what it was like to have been a monkey or something like it - in the same manner that someone whose family had "giant humans" in their lineage is able to express what it would have been like to have been a giant (see the message?).

What makes you think that?

The imagination fails Evolutionists, precisely at the point when their instinct would be needed to carry out an Evolutionary step - a step towards less selection pressure overall. That's my argument, anyway: if you were "it" in the past, you should be able to sound like it "now".

Humans and apes, during development in utero, have tails. But they stop growing, and in apes and humans, the tails are tiny vestigial structures within our bodies. All primates have much larger brains for their size than most mammals do. There is a tendency to have a reduced snout. But that's true of all, not just monkeys.

It would be like a monkey sounding like a bird to catch a bird for dinner, but then forgetting to be a monkey because he believed he would survive better sounding like a bird. Do you see the problem there?

Lack of rigorous thinking?

I won't go on at length, its not a killer argument - more like a disjunction between what we do for survival and what we become for survival (being two different things).

What you're on, might be worth thinking about. But you haven't presented it very well. I think maybe because you haven't given it sufficient thought to put together a good explanation for it.

I would like to hear more of it, but I think it needs a little tightening up before you present it. Please do. I'd like know more about whatever it is you're thinking.

I'm not a very tactful person. So take my opinion for what it is. But I would like to hear more about it.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

So I am writing to you guys because I can trust you to take my tangents of thought a little more seriously (if not completely): this one is a doozy!

Such as it is, human's can caricature their relationship to other species, but they can not carry the difference using the logic of Evolution alone - the logic of Evolution is bound to the notion of potential, potential that can scale up and down, but not over leap a chasm of difference that species were on their own.

It would be like a monkey sounding like a bird to catch a bird for dinner, but then forgetting to be a monkey because he believed he would survive better sounding like a bird. Do you see the problem there? Do you see that a monkey sounding like a bird is not an end in itself, simply because Evolution is possible??

What are you referring to when you talk about giant humans? And I don’t have any memories of my great grandmother’s life, why would I recall an ancestor’s life from millions of years ago? I was never a “monkey.”

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0