Oh happy day! The burden is off us! (Hopefully!)

Amélie Unbound

Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My mother-in-law is engaged!! To a good man who has grown children, one of whom already has children of her own!

I pray that this will satisfy my mother-in-law's desire for grandchildren! I know she doesn't care if her grandchildren are her own flesh and blood, since she puts pressure on us to adopt children.

My husband is an only child (as am I), so until now, he was her sole hope of having grandchildren, but everything is changing now. I am so happy and relieved, and I pray that my mother-in-law will be happy and blessed in her new life with this man and his family! And I pray that these new step-grandchildren will be enough for her!

I actually prayed for this, that God would bring her a good man who has grandchildren so that this need/desire of hers would be fulfilled. I praise God for this answer to prayer!

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,347.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My mother-in-law is engaged!! To a good man who has grown children, one of whom already has children of her own!

I pray that this will satisfy my mother-in-law's desire for grandchildren! I know she doesn't care if her grandchildren are her own flesh and blood, since she puts pressure on us to adopt children.

My husband is an only child (as am I), so until now, he was her sole hope of having grandchildren, but everything is changing now. I am so happy and relieved, and I pray that my mother-in-law will be happy and blessed in her new life with this man and his family! And I pray that these new step-grandchildren will be enough for her!

I actually prayed for this, that God would bring her a good man who has grandchildren so that this need/desire of hers would be fulfilled. I praise God for this answer to prayer!
I sure hope things work out that way, Orchard! I know how much she's been on your back to have children. If nothing else, she should be so busy with her own life that she can stay out of yours, right? ;) :hug:

Upvote 0

Amélie Unbound

Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone for the replies. :)

I am feeling really hopeful about this, because my MIL isn't the kind of person who thinks everyone needs to have kids. The only reason she wants us to have kids is so that she can have the experience of being a grandmother. And this is a way she can have that experience.

I just pray that her fiance's kids and grandkids will welcome her into their family with open arms, and that she'll be able to start with the granny-ing right away, beause I know it will make her happy. :)

Upvote 0