✟428,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lord have mercy.

By following some of the names listed in the original Spanish-language post, I eventually found a page which lists the e-mail addresses of some of the people connected to the various ethnic communities represented at this location (as it is a 'Pan-Orthodox' community...or was). Perhaps you or someone else can contact them for more information.

From St. Spyridon's Orthodox Mission | Orthodox church in Trujillo Alto, PR | Powered by Net Ministries

Redball.gif
Fr Andrija Vujisic for the Serbian and Montenegrin communities;

Redball.gif
Fr Peter DiLeo for the Albanian community;

Redball.gif
Lisa Ortega for the Puerto Rican community;

Redball.gif
Tatiana Stoyanova for the Russian and Bulgarian communities;

Redball.gif
Spyridon Morrow for the American community.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟135,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If this is the same community that my ex-girlfriend's father founded than they've been in canonical limbo for a VERY long time.
He founded an Orthodox parish in Puerto Rico back in the days of Archbishop IAKOVOS, but the parish kicked him out and went Old Calendar because he told parishioners that they can't live together and receive Communion without being married.

The only thing is that this is in San Juan. I think he may have been on another part of the island back then.

Reactions: gzt
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,020.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If this is the same community that my ex-girlfriend's father founded than they've been in canonical limbo for a VERY long time.
He founded an Orthodox parish in Puerto Rico back in the days of Archbishop IAKOVOS, but the parish kicked him out and went Old Calendar because he told parishioners that they can't live together and receive Communion without being married.

The only thing is that this is in San Juan. I think he may have been on another part of the island back then.
Thanks, I was thinking they may not have been canonical at the time. It reminded me of when the so called 'Macedonian Orthodox Church' approached Rome, since they weren't recognised by anyone in the Othodox communion. Rome was smart enough not to get involved that time around.

It surprises me that the group you mentioned went Old Calendar. I'd have thought they would have been even more strict on the cohabitation.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟135,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thanks, I was thinking they may not have been canonical at the time. It reminded me of when the so called 'Macedonian Orthodox Church' approached Rome, since they weren't recognised by anyone in the Othodox communion. Rome was smart enough not to get involved that time around.

It surprises me that the group you mentioned went Old Calendar. I'd have thought they would have been even more strict on the cohabitation.
It's been a few years since I've asked him about that whole situation. Plus it was the early 90s and the community was new enough to Orthodoxy that approaching Rome was heresy and would result in anathema. Lord only knows what they told the Old Calendarists, and Old Calendarists sometimes take anybody that's unhappy just to say "hey we're growing!"

Reactions: gzt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That would st least lessen the shock of thinking an Orthodox Church had joined Rome.

I would applaud unity someday, but it would have to be under everything being done correctly. To just throw in the towel and accept those thing we do not accept is unthinkable.

• Agree
Reactions: Thekla
Upvote 0