Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So my wife and son and I were officially announced as members of our parish that we have been attending. We had bounced around at different Lutheran churches for a few years, our son was baptized in a ELCA Lutheran church, but it is too far of a drive for weekly attendance. The church is actually growing, there were 12 people in the membership class.

This is a big step for me as I have not been a member of a church, officially, since I left the RCC in 2014. I am happy to be a part of their congregation, it is a wonderful parish.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟776,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s great! How long have you guys been attending there?
We have been attending weekly for several months, and off and on over a couple of years. There are actually two Lutheran churches much closer (under 2 miles) from our home (one ELCA, one LCMS), but they just did not work for our situation. We gave those a solid "go" but they just did not mesh for us.
Congratulations Steve! May your new home be spiritually enriching for you all. :)

~Bella

Thank you, I think it will be. :)

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,272,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We’ve been attending our LCMC church since May of 2012 but we didn’t officially become members until Autumn of 2014. We were glad we finally did because an internal controversy concerning one of our pastors arose and we were able to vote our conscience on the matter.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0