AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not trying to be authoritative here, but I thought it might be helpful to try to come to some generally understood, and hopefully agreed upon, ground rules. Perhaps netiquette is a better way to put it than ground rules.

1) Lost Season '#' thread (hoping the will be many more after season 3 :D) Please no spoilers without tags. Let's consider any rumors or inside info as spoiler until it's made public. And how about Monday after an episode airs being the cutoff for being considered a spoiler? Give folks over the weekend to watch a 'taped' episode.

2) Episode specific threads. Free discussion of the episode as soon as it airs, including previews.
But please, use tags for discussing anything beyond next week, or inside info on the previews, without tags.
Episode-specific threads should be labeled by season and episode number (example, 4.1 or 4-1 is for episode 1 of season 4) and a Lostie mod will edit the thread title with the episode name after the episode has aired.

3) SPOILER free for all thread. Anything goes. I think we need one of these.

4) Any spoiler thread should have SPOILER in the title

5) Do not use spoiler tags in the first post of a thread. They spoiler text shows up in the preview when you rollover the thread title.

Other requests

Don't quote screen caps. (Bandwidth)
No spoilers in first post. (Unsuspected previews)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: snoochface

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm in complete agreement - those are excellent rules.

I'd just like to add one more: that any thread started with the intention of open / untagged spoilers (like the Season X: Episode Y threads we'll have running every week) be marked in some way either in the thread title or in the first post as an indication to newcomers that there will be open spoilers in that thread.

If that makes sense. I'm confuzzled tonight. :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SqueeG

More of you, less of me &a mp
Dec 24, 2006
✟11,337.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AirPo, in his OP, stated "Don't quote screen caps. (Bandwidth)",
would someone please explain this to me as I'm really quite new to any computer application at all and don't want to continue to stumble around stealing bandwidth!

If I can download say a pic or a quote to "Save As" is it then okay to upload here or...

Thank You for your concern and time to edumicate this newbiexo

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
AirPo, in his OP, stated "Don't quote screen caps. (Bandwidth)",
would someone please explain this to me as I'm really quite new to any computer application at all and don't want to continue to stumble around stealing bandwidth!

If I can download say a pic or a quote to "Save As" is it then okay to upload here or...

Thank You for your concern and time to edumicate this newbiexo
Hi Squee :) (love that! :thumbsup: )

What he means is when someone posts a screen cap (pic) from the show, and then 15 people quote that post including the pic, people who have dial-up or slow internet have to wait for not one picture to display, but 16 pictures -- which can take a long time.

So the request is that when someone posts a screen cap, and you want to quote that post, delete the image from your quote.

:)

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
OHhhhhhh. Thanks Snoochie. So let me ask another question, *Blushing* in this new thread I just started ("alter ego") is it cool or not, regarding bandwidth, to post the pics and stats?

and another...Copy/Paste or Download??? Copy Paste NO! Yes? :)
Heh, okay you "lost" me on the copy/paste vs. download thing. More details needed! ;)

As for the stats thread, though, yeah those pics are cool -- but people quoting your post shouldn't include the pics :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
:thumbsup: Gotcha on that last part. Sorry to confuse you, maybe my terminology is just wrong. I'll try to KISS, is it "fair game" to copy whatever (pics particularly) from another site and paste it here? Of coarse if the site states to download okay, but...?
Sure, I don't think that's a problem. :)

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
OHhhhhhh. Thanks Snoochie. So let me ask another question, *Blushing* in this new thread I just started ("alter ego") is it cool or not, regarding bandwidth, to post the pics and stats?

and another...Copy/Paste or Download??? Copy Paste NO! Yes? :)

When it comes to images you have a variety of options any of which are fine.

- If the image is hosted elsewhere you can:
1. Post just a link to the image.
2. Hot link to the image using the [.img] tags.

- If you want to host it here you can:
1. Save the image to your hard drive and upload it as an attachment.
2. Upload the image as an attachment, submit your post, open the attached image in another window, get the URL, then edit that attachment using the [.img] tags into your post.

Reactions: lovesdolphins
Upvote 0