Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth." --Isaiah 53:7

Shared Hope, International has an e-mail list with very good information about the very dark reality of slavery in the modern world. In a recent e-mail, they sent out this video, which was used to train Department of Justice-appointed task forces who work against human trafficking (the fancy term for slavery).

This is part of Shared Hope's Weekend Warrior project, enabling us to be better able to fight child sex trafficking for 15 minutes a week (this link also includes the video, in case the above link didn't work):

Become a Weekend Warrior - Shared Hope International

Much to my dismay, I have been unable to fight human trafficking on the front lines, as a very good friend of mine has done, and has passed on her passion for fighting trafficking to me. However, I have become increasingly aware that the kind of work she does isn't really in my skill set, as I have difficulty staying up late, and a lower tolerance for pain & stress & fear than I like to admit to. Still, God put me on these forums for a reason, and even though I haven't seen firsthand the horror of children & teens being sold for sex as my friend has, I still try to do what I can. Please pray for her, for me, for all the victims (and perpetrators!) of all forms of trafficking, and for the Naperville church's Human Trafficking Ministry & my college's Social Work Club, as we will begin planning a human trafficking awareness event on my college campus, bringing in people who run safehouses in Illinois & my friend who's fought it on the front lines in Thailand & as a CASA agent in Michigan.

Thank you all, and may we never forget that God is still with us!

East Anglican

Nov 15, 2003
Suffolk, England
Visit site
✟16,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
UK-Conservative
"He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth." --Isaiah 53:7

Shared Hope, International has an e-mail list with very good information about the very dark reality of slavery in the modern world. In a recent e-mail, they sent out this video, which was used to train Department of Justice-appointed task forces who work against human trafficking (the fancy term for slavery).

This is part of Shared Hope's Weekend Warrior project, enabling us to be better able to fight child sex trafficking for 15 minutes a week (this link also includes the video, in case the above link didn't work):

Become a Weekend Warrior - Shared Hope International

Much to my dismay, I have been unable to fight human trafficking on the front lines, as a very good friend of mine has done, and has passed on her passion for fighting trafficking to me. However, I have become increasingly aware that the kind of work she does isn't really in my skill set, as I have difficulty staying up late, and a lower tolerance for pain & stress & fear than I like to admit to. Still, God put me on these forums for a reason, and even though I haven't seen firsthand the horror of children & teens being sold for sex as my friend has, I still try to do what I can. Please pray for her, for me, for all the victims (and perpetrators!) of all forms of trafficking, and for the Naperville church's Human Trafficking Ministry & my college's Social Work Club, as we will begin planning a human trafficking awareness event on my college campus, bringing in people who run safehouses in Illinois & my friend who's fought it on the front lines in Thailand & as a CASA agent in Michigan.

Thank you all, and may we never forget that God is still with us!

Here's the weblink Shared Hope International

Upvote 0