• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Official Derek Chauvin Trial Thread

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Oompa Loompa, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Oompa Loompa

Oompa Loompa Against both police brutality and cop killing.

+927
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+1,660
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    From what I've seen so far, I'll be shocked if Chauvin isn't convicted on the manslaughter charge. I'll also be shocked if he's convicted on the murder 2 charge. Murder 3, I dunno.

I tend to give the cop the benefit of the doubt. I can accept the idea that Chauvin thought (falsely) that if Floyd could speak, then he could breathe okay. But I still feel that Chauvin acted with callous disregard for Floyd's safety, keeping him pinned to the concrete for more than a reasonable amount of time.

3. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,391
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
  4. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,307
    Atheist
    What's this then? Police chief testifies that restraint of George Floyd 'absolutely' violated policy, ethics of Dept.

It's got 44 posts (at this writing) and has been active since Monday.

5. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+3,814
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
  6. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+3,307
    Atheist
    Good point.

7. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Well-Known Member

+1,703
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+14,185
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
  9. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,102
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    The only interest I have in this trial is the verdict.

10. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+4,435
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    BLM tried to take over Detroit, but our professional police force kept them in check. Despite that, I will still stay home if it comes out 'not' guilty.

11. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+5,924
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Well I could use a new torque wrench and maybe some tires so I'll probably go out and do some looting at some point.

12. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+4,435
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Or bash in windows and run around with new Nikes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Oompa Loompa

+927
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    As long as you shout "Black Lives Matter!" or "Say Her Name!" you should be fine. Then you are peacefully protesting and claiming your reparations...but not looting.

14. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,106
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Well this threads taken a bad turn.

I’ll be happy to see that thug convicted and taken off the streets for good when his verdict comes down.

15. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Well-Known Member

+1,703
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Any predictions on when the jury will reach a verdict?

16. Oompa Loompa

+927
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I think they reached their verdict before the opening statements. Unless we have a real case of 12 angry men.