Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I say we finish Anserak. And I've given my responses for Shadow's races. I can't remember which specifically, but the ones I addressed, I would like to see some kind of changes in. As is, I disapprove of, like... was it 2 or 3 that were the dwarf-like elves? Either way, I think they need some work before we approve of them.

As for Anserak, I still think it's simpler to leave the source of power as something the Orcs didn't do, like the demonic reservoirs. Otherwise, nothing would be stopping the Orcs out in the plains of Christia from erecting makeshift versions of said obelisks and renewing their taint. Isn't Anserak supposed to have a history of dealing with demons anyway? And does anyone know the details on it's leadership, aside from Orcish warlords? There were other monsters and human heretics, right? I need to look this stuff up when I get back to school tonight...

Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I say we finish Anserak. And I've given my responses for Shadow's races. I can't remember which specifically, but the ones I addressed, I would like to see some kind of changes in. As is, I disapprove of, like... was it 2 or 3 that were the dwarf-like elves? Either way, I think they need some work before we approve of them.

As for Anserak, I still think it's simpler to leave the source of power as something the Orcs didn't do, like the demonic reservoirs. Otherwise, nothing would be stopping the Orcs out in the plains of Christia from erecting makeshift versions of said obelisks and renewing their taint. Isn't Anserak supposed to have a history of dealing with demons anyway? And does anyone know the details on it's leadership, aside from Orcish warlords? There were other monsters and human heretics, right? I need to look this stuff up when I get back to school tonight...
The only statement of leadership is the mysterious "dark priests" and the even MORE mysterious "Warlord of Anserak" who is a dark man or elf. I don't really understand it, but that was the stated rulers.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
I think Dave's demonic outside-source idea is a good one. Now that I understand what he's saying, I agree completely. We need an outside, but not entirely reliable, source for their at-bayness if you will.

So when exactly was said pact made? Before the War between Light and Dark or after? I would suppose before...but I'm not an expert on this dark stuff. :)

Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think Dave's demonic outside-source idea is a good one. Now that I understand what he's saying, I agree completely. We need an outside, but not entirely reliable, source for their at-bayness if you will.

So when exactly was said pact made? Before the War between Light and Dark or after? I would suppose before...but I'm not an expert on this dark stuff. :)
I would think it started just before and during the war it grew as a constant thing, and not until after that the costs of the deals came out.

Like one or two people start these dark arts, the war begins and many find it as a quick fix. After they lose they find out how costly their "quick fix" really was.

Upvote 0

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the demonic power? Well, for the Orcs' source of strength and ferocity, I was thinking more along the lines of them being locations where demons were called to the earth or something, so a permanent taint is on the land. This way, creatures which had no part in the pact could benefit from the power, and those separated from the place aren't affected. If Orcs were powered by a pact and left Anserak, we'd have the same problem with the totems. What's stopping them?

And yeah, Drama, I think before and during the war would be a good time for the people and Orcs of Anserak to start screwing about with demons and dark magic. If the other nations of Christia are already starting to bear down on them, and they have no care for their law or religion, what would stop them from relying on dark powers out of desperation? Building off of your mention of a cost to their fix, what did you mean exactly? The price exacted on their soul, or is it something less direct; like, they contact and summon demons to aid them, but instead are enslaved? Said demons would be killed in the war and banished back to hell, of course, to explain why ones like Xhile who are stuck or in spiritual form are the only ones seen usually.

Am I going in the right direction? Or did you guys have something else in mind?

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What's stopping them? The Pra Yer, of course! :p :cool: :p

Speaking of which, I want to let the committee know I am working on them and have a pretty good start. There is so much that it would probably be too much to put into one proposal. Plus, I don't know if you all want to read that much at once. What if I present it in pieces? Or, do you want it at once in a doc file attached to a post? Lemme know.

Thus far I have this:

General background
Religion
Mission/Purpose
Operation
Heirarchy
Characteristics
Use of Armor/Weapons
Associations
Policies - re: conduct, marriage, family, retirement, etc.

It's all pretty general really, and I'm building on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Anserak. I hadn't really thought of so much involvement with demons and powerful mages. I think they should be few and far between in this realm. I had seen Anserak as a nation of Orcs, ogres, trolls and other nasties in clan sort of settings with lots of in-fighting. When they actually are unified they are at their most dangerous. I dunno, I guess I just saw Anserak as sort of an "All the bad eggs in one basket" sort of place.

I don't see the desperation of needing so much help from the dark powers because its really only Peria and Eyrel they have to contend with, and that only when they try to cross the border. It might be the other way around? Perhaps the dark powers see an easy inlet from the spirit world INTO Christia? Lots of nasty folk wanting power and these powerful wizards and demons are just the folks to help them out. As if they'd be doing the orcs, ogres, etc a favor. What do you think? It could go both ways I suppose. But, I'm half-asleep sitting here typing this and maybe I'm making no sense at all.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
I think an attached document would be best. I'd rather not have to go through the voting process eight times for the Pra Yer. I am up to reading a whole lot at once, especially if it's all important and relevant, which it will be.

Okay, here's the breakdown on the Anserak motions we've had so far that still have support:

1. Demonic forces keep the Anserakians pretty much on their own ground. Ancient dealings with demons went badly.
Advantages: explains the long absence of spreading power and the inability of Christia to overrun Anserak
Disadvantages: Involves complicated demonic rule-making that may discourage future player exploration of Anserak's resources. Demons are not extremely common in Christia world.

2. The anserakians quarrel with each other enough that they have never formed a unified force against the five free kingdoms of Christia.

Advantages: Allows for easy manipulation of the Anserak status quo, therefore drawing in new players
Disadvantages: Does not adequately explain the lack of Anserak military operations.

Does that cover everything? I hope it does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I suggeest we make WoF's format the template for all groups. It is easy to read.

Thanks for the compliment. And please no one get onto MD about posting here. I was an accident. I think he hit the link in the suggestions thread then when he replied it posted here. I've fixed that now.

:) I suggested it.

~Star

What? When? Where?

Upvote 0

Woman of Faith

...by faith I am saved.
Jul 16, 2004
Ooooooklahoma!
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL! That's not what MD meant. He was saying the way I had organized the description of the Pra Yer into sections like 'background', 'mission', 'religion', 'organization', etc. was easy to read. But you do come up with some great suggestions.

Upvote 0