Officer on video saying he'll 'choke you out' before man dies is charged with manslaughter

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Officer on video saying he'll 'choke you out' before man dies is charged with manslaughter
Body camera footage obtained Sunday shows a New Mexico police officer telling a man he’s going to “choke you out” before allegedly causing his death with what authorities described as a “vascular neck restraint.”

The officer, Christopher Smelser, was charged Friday with involuntary manslaughter in the Feb. 29 death of Antonio Valenzuela. On the same day, the Las Cruces Police Department filed a letter of intent to fire Smelser.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
One question (minor, but curious still)
On the video above, what New agency is using Trial software for their publishing ?
(Trial watermark all over the video)

It's not a news agency. It's some weirdo youtube account. The video is all b-roll (I assume stock footage) that's totally irrelevant to the story and the narration is text-to-speech.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,799.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's not a news agency. It's some weirdo youtube account. The video is all b-roll (I assume stock footage) that's totally irrelevant to the story and the narration is text-to-speech.
I didn't like the robotic voice but I posted it for the length. Here is another one, shorter.

Upvote 0