Office Depot Partnering With Lady Gaga Foundation To Promote Homsexuality To Children

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Office Depot is gauranteeing $1 million to help indoctrinate children that they are "born gay".

Tell Office Depot: Leave our kids alone!

The link provides the corporate e-mail adresses of the Board of Directors. I wrote an email and sent it to all four listed members:

Hello:

As a customer of Office Depot, I am writing to express my regret that you have chosen to team up with Lady Gaga to help indoctrinate our children that they are, or may be born gay. I, as a Christian American, support the right of the gay community to do and be whatever they want. They are American just as I am, and have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as the rest of us do. Much of the gay political movement has some merit, and they should not be discriminated against. However, the move to redefine marriage and indocrtinate children are the worst aspects of the movement, and find widespread opposition among a majority of Americans. I, as one of those Americans, wish to express to you my dissapointment with your decision. As there are plenty of options to your store, I will be shopping elswhere, and disseminating this information about your poor corporate decision to family and friends for the foreseable future, unless of course, you reconsider your position. As a corportation, I cannot believe it is in your best interest to alienate the 56% of Americans that hold these same views. At best, you should remain neutral on such issues, unless you wish to lose the business of a large portion of the American Public.

Sincerely:

Dan

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's bad, but why do we expect worldly corporations to behave like Christians?

I understand what you are saying. And I don't think that we as christians do really expect them to behave that way. However, we are the salt of the earth. Our presence here is what hinders the evil of the world from becoming all pervasive to every generation. We do that by using what ever reasonable means we can to influence the world around us to reign in the excesses.

We cant expect sinners to act like righteous people, but in a capitalist society corporations want to make money. Considering that the numbers do not lie, and a majority of Americans are against same sex marriage and the teaching of normalizing homosexuality to children, an economic statement can be made, and christians can politely with their dollars support or unsupport some things that cross too many lines. To be sure, those lines are getting further and further each year, but they are still there. It behooves us to try, and it certainly doesn't hurt. At the worst, most people may have to drive an extra couple of blocks to their local Staples or Office Max in order to avoid Office Depot. No big effort needed. And the message could really make an impact.

We still have the freedom to do that in this country. From my understanding, there are places in Europec Canada and the UK now where they have criminalized opposition to same sex marriage and teaching homosexuality to children. Thankfully we are not there yet.

Peace...

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, are we to be salt by means of political activism?

Personally, I am against 'activism' per se, and cringe at some of the Christians outside of abortion clinics.

Our primary mission is evangelism, revival and the changing of people's hearts through the gospel etc.

But I think changed hearts should have an impact on society, and that can be through almost any sort of persuit, including - and perhaps especially - politics.

Thank God for Dietrich Bonhoeffer, William Wilberforce, and the US Founding Fathers, et al.

Even the Reformation became political, not all of it 'good', but much good came out of the political changes.

I guess the important thing is that we each obey our conscience and God's leading.

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, are we to be salt by means of political activism?

IMO Be salt in every sphere, that includes politics.

I have a lot of respect for those brothers and sisters who raise their voices on controversial political issues.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Office Depot is gauranteeing $1 million to help indoctrinate children that they are "born gay".

Tell Office Depot: Leave our kids alone!

The link provides the corporate e-mail adresses of the Board of Directors. I wrote an email and sent it to all four listed members:

Hello:

As a customer of Office Depot, I am writing to express my regret that you have chosen to team up with Lady Gaga to help indoctrinate our children that they are, or may be born gay. I, as a Christian American, support the right of the gay community to do and be whatever they want. They are American just as I am, and have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as the rest of us do. Much of the gay political movement has some merit, and they should not be discriminated against. However, the move to redefine marriage and indocrtinate children are the worst aspects of the movement, and find widespread opposition among a majority of Americans. I, as one of those Americans, wish to express to you my dissapointment with your decision. As there are plenty of options to your store, I will be shopping elswhere, and disseminating this information about your poor corporate decision to family and friends for the foreseable future, unless of course, you reconsider your position. As a corportation, I cannot believe it is in your best interest to alienate the 56% of Americans that hold these same views. At best, you should remain neutral on such issues, unless you wish to lose the business of a large portion of the American Public.

Sincerely:

Dan

Well....may not be shopping there any more....

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IMO Be salt in every sphere, that includes politics.

I have a lot of respect for those brothers and sisters who raise their voices on controversial political issues.

Suppose the entire church body begins to focus on such issues, rather than on the great commission, and the world becomes a gospel-less, moral, peaceful, utopia.

If the people that could have been reached with the gospel with the money and resources spent on political ends that ended up not being reached and being condemned, would the Lord approve?

Besides, that wasn't really my point. What are you going to do? Should we start buying our pens and printer paper from another just-as-godless- corporation in response? Problem solved? Ummm, no.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Besides, that wasn't really my point. What are you going to do? Should we start buying our pens and printer paper from another just-as-godless- corporation in response? Problem solved? Ummm, no.

Perhaps if a boycott was sucessful against a particular company, competitors may pay attention. But I've never been a fan of boycotts.

How about boycotting products made in China until the Communist government stops persecuting Chinese Christians? Most products in the US are now made in China.

There's no hope in politics or activism, and it should never replace the gospel, but I think there is place for it.

I guess a person can choose their battles.

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So we boycott because they are against bullying and abandonment? Again what is the issue?

There is nothing wrong with being against bullying and abandonment. It is the manner of doing so that is relevant. When your answer to a kinder world is to teach children that some are simply born this way, ie, homosexual, lesbian, or other, etc, then it is not an answer at all, but becomes part of the problem.

Peace...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps if a boycott was sucessful against a particular company, competitors may pay attention. But I've never been a fan of boycotts.

How about boycotting products made in China until the Communist government stops persecuting Chinese Christians? Most products in the US are now made in China.

There's no hope in politics or activism, and it should never replace the gospel, but I think there is place for it.

I guess a person can choose their battles.

peace,
Simon

If a person chooses to do such things on their own, or even in some of their organizations, I have no issue with it, but when the visible church gets dragged into such things, it's being sidetracked. As such, I consider such things demonically inspired, because as Gods representative they choose to grasp the temporary.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, and thats ok with me.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Suppose the entire church body begins to focus on such issues, rather than on the great commission, and the world becomes a gospel-less, moral, peaceful, utopia.

If the people that could have been reached with the gospel with the money and resources spent on political ends that ended up not being reached and being condemned, would the Lord approve?

What a great nation the US could be if its people were to stand up and fight for their children against the incessant attacks from the humanists. I cannot imagine why any US citizen would not write and complain to this company regarding how this misguided program will only end up destroying the lives of thousands of young Americans.

If the Church does not stand up against this wickedness then they only have themselves to blame - if the Church does not speak up for the young people of their country who else will.

Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So we're boycotting lady gaga? Because as far as I can tell, the op seems to be anti bullying, nothing more.

Lol. I would hope it would not be necessary to inform a Christian that they should stay away from and not put money into anything to do with Lady Gaga. I would think that would be self evident.

This thread is about Office Depot raising money for Lady Gagas foundation "Born This Way" through the sale items in their stores, of which 25% goes directly to the foundation, with a gauranteed payout of a minimum of $1 million US dollars.

Peace...

Upvote 0