Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone! I make sinks out of concrete and I had an idea to make a vessel sink in the shape of a cross.

I'm not sure what you mean.

In general, it would be sacrilegious to make something in the shape of a cross if it was going to be used for a nonreligious or demeaning purpose.

Upvote 0

ConcreteColorado

Jan 4, 2019
Denver
✟7,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what you mean.

In general, it would be sacrilegious to make something in the shape of a cross if it was going to be used for a nonreligious or demeaning purpose.

Thats just it, is it demeaning to brush your teeth or wash your hands in a sink shaped like a cross?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thats just it, is it demeaning to brush your teeth or wash your hands in a sink shaped like a cross?

Absolutely yes. It would dishonour Christ in a major way. It would literally result in people spitting on the cross.

Now a baptismal font in the shape of a cross, that would be great.

• Agree
Reactions: Seadish
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't find it offensive - never thought of the spitting mentioned, that is a point to consider. I like crosses and such in the bathroom since we usually start our day in there and it's a reminder what to focus on. Phoebe is right it may be more difficult to clean too though.

Upvote 0

Tharseo

Jan 5, 2019
Hong Kong
✟17,155.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IMO if your sister finds it offensive, then don't do it. Being considerate is more important than what your sink looks like. Like how Paul told the Corinthians that he will not eat meat if a brother is offended by this act.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, everyone! I make sinks out of concrete and I had an idea to make a vessel sink in the shape of a cross. My sister thinks it might be offensive. I’m not sure she’s right. I don’t want to offend. Thoughts?

I wouldn't want one.

Upvote 0