• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Offense toward God's love in Orthodoxy

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Not David, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Not David

Not David Der Ewige Katechumene

+4,464
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Before going with the question... Is God's love energy of God?

How could we say we offend God's love?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+13,174
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    my gut wants to say yes to your first, as love is an action, but I could be wrong.

to your second, I'd say it's because love is always relational and personal.

3. Moses Medina

Moses Medina Layman

+292
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I believe denying his love would be to ignore what Jesus said about our neighbor, feed the poor, cover the cold, clothe the naked etc, and to deny his truths. To live in our passions and selfishly.

4. Lukaris

Lukaris Orthodox Christian Supporter

+1,044
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I guess what St. Paul says about grieving the Spirit in Ephesians 4:25-30 is an example of offending God’s love.

5. Markie Boy

Markie Boy Looking East, Moving Slow Supporter

+710
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I guess I'm trying to view my relationship with God more like my relationships with those around me. If I do things that are thoughtless or offensive, or disregard their wishes - it's saying I don't care about you. To me that's rejecting their love.

In the RCC where I am now, it feels very much like a list of do's and don'ts - almost like the Old Testament. Learning to view things as relationship is truly a mindset shift.

6. JohnTh

JohnTh Newbie

+358
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Jesus said: „I will ask you a question and if you will answer me, I will answer you also: What is love?”

7. AMM

AMM A Beggar Supporter

+1,000
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    What IS love? Is it possible for us to know, or is this something unknowable about God?

8. Not David

Not David Der Ewige Katechumene

+4,464
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Especially from our own lenses. That’s why some people excuse sin by saying “God loves you as you are”