Apr 7, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟19,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
On Saturday evening I'm heading over to Vanuatu for two weeks!

Its exciting and scary - I've never been overseas before! And i feel like time has flown by so FAST!

But yes.. myself and ten other people from my church are heading over to the island of Emau in Vanuatu to spend 8 days building a water tank for a village, and build relationships with these people in the process. our first day or two will be training when we are in Pango Village near Port Vila (the capital city) and then our last few days will include a bit of recreational time and debreif.

So all in all I'll be gone from the 14th-28th of january :)

Reactions: TheListener

Lil'_Miss_Princess_Aimz

Sep 20, 2005
sydney,australia
Visit site
✟30,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
lozzie said:
On Saturday evening I'm heading over to Vanuatu for two weeks!

Its exciting and scary - I've never been overseas before! And i feel like time has flown by so FAST!

But yes.. myself and ten other people from my church are heading over to the island of Emau in Vanuatu to spend 8 days building a water tank for a village, and build relationships with these people in the process. our first day or two will be training when we are in Pango Village near Port Vila (the capital city) and then our last few days will include a bit of recreational time and debreif.

So all in all I'll be gone from the 14th-28th of january :)
oh wow. that would b absolutly awesome!

u will hav the best of times!! ive heard numerous great reports from ppl who have gone 2 vanuatu for mission stuff..

good luck!!

:hug:

an ill c u wen ya get bak

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KristianJ

What's in a name? Letters...
Feb 9, 2004
Sydney, Australia
✟35,788.00
Faith
Christian
lozzie said:
well... i'm back :)

and have lots of fun stories to tell... i got hme about 8.30 tonight :) and methinks it's time to head to bed now... i'll show you some pics later.

Methought you were going to bed 2 hours ago after you called me...:p (and I was going to bed an hour and a half ago, but that's a different story...:scratch:) As I said, I awaited this day with great excitement...and I get to hear all about it (technically) today :thumbsup: *Kristian promises to turn the computer off after this post...*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lozzie

Just me...
Apr 7, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟19,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
hehe elmo... yeah, my computer didnt get turned on at all yesterday, cause i spent the day with kristian, and then went to sleep as soon as he left :p

and i've got to work today...

We ended up staying in a village community called Valis, about 20 mins out of port vila. our original destination did not work out as the seas were too rough, we were going to the island of emau just off Efate, but I'm so glad we went where we did!

I do not think we could have been more blessed. i have never met more genourous people in my life. It puts me to shame when i think how lovingly and freely they would give to people they barely knew, and not only that... when i think of how poor most of these people are i am amazed even more at their generosity.

Our supplies arrived late and sadly we did not finish the water tank we went over there to build. but that does not matter. the village guys fnished off the brickwork and cemenet rendered it in the time we were spending relaxing back in port vila before we came home. then the next step is to fill the tank with water, drain it, and let all the chemicals from the cemnt leach out of the tank, then a roof can be put on it, and it can be used... then Love Vanuatu, the people we went through will send out anther team at some point in the future to paint the tank with murals and bible verses.

I never realised how much cement can hurt trhe hands.... or how your fingers get little cuts from it...

Some of the stuff we have experienced:
* in the pastors house (we stayed in for our first few days) it was cement floors... a really disgusting toilet, and a cold shower...
*in the village... leaking tents, - whereby the village people decked out the church in their spare matresses - it was really amazing- great food and lots of it (including poisoned fish that i didnt eat), a brand newly dug pit toilet that didnt stinkk for the first day... with a toilet seat that was a square of 2 inch wooden bits... spideres i learnt not to be scared too much off (although still frasked out!), lots of bugs, dirt and rain.. but a good time all the way!
* in the government guesthouses we stayed in for the last few nights - a bed, cold showers, but running water.. and in walking distance to the shops... and the presidents office just outside my bedrooom! haha

I had a really great time and i'll tell you more stries later :)

Upvote 0