Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
the Egyptians themselves said:

tens of thousands of years ago… the Gods ruled their civilization

"Solon marvelled at his words, and earnestly requested the priests to inform him exactly and in order about these former citizens. You are welcome to hear about them, Solon, said the priest, both for your own sake and for that of your city, and above all, for the sake of the goddess who is the common patron and parent and educator of both our cities. She founded your city a thousand years before ours, receiving from the Earth and Hephaestus the seed of your race, and afterwards she founded ours, of which the constitution is recorded in our sacred registers to be eight thousand years old."--Plato, Timeaus

This was a priest of Sais in Egypt. Does that video give the source material for their "tens of thousands of years" statement?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Thanks. I guess I'll have to find the source for that book? Wait... thousands of years, not tens of thousands. Well, I already know that the Greeks were a thousand years before the Egyptians ... thousands of years ago. Whew, I won't have to read that book. I was worried that the quote was from these mysterious "domestic Egyptians" the video talks about. That and the link to Graham Hancock makes it seem like they might be looking for extra-terrestrial hole drills... I'd look to Atlantis first, given the Solon quote I gave you... if old Egypt and ancient Greece are really related as the priest told Solon.

I watched 35 minutes of the video... and have to admit, I lost interest. But it did remind me about the ways and means of Stonehenge... they used pins and holes to anchor the top-pieces, and I was just reminded again when I researched a different documentary about Arthur (the bear).

I like Petrie a lot, and I always have... especially for his paper on "Neglected British History", from the Proceedings of the British Academy. One would have every right to expect that this man's statement would have drawn some interest in Britain. It never happened. People are still saying that King Arthur never lived because someone said Historia Britonnum was a fraud. (sigh)

Overall, I like your presentation of this mystery, and I hope good things for you. :cool:

Reactions: JohnEmmett
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I also recommend Graham Hancock’s documentary

currently on Netflix

I don't do Netflix. Everytime I choose Netflix over Hulu, Hulu comes up with a series I've been jonesing for. What's the documentary called? Does he only have one? I've glanced at a couple of his books, and they all take me back to the mystery of Atlantis. I am well aware of all the people who think Plato made up that whole dialogue... I'm not one of those people. The only thing I find objectionable about Plato is his ideas about women. But I'm wondering if those could have been his ideas, since he seems to have been the typical Mediterranean... while Socrates seems more central eastern. And that's where we got the patriarchal ideas from.

The Mediterranean was largely matriarchal. Which makes the mystery of Egypt even more of a mystery, because they seem to have been patriarchal... and if they were related to Hellenes, how did that happen? Some invasion from the east? Which brings me to the last thought I've been having about Egypt... Why aren't pyramids mentioned in the bible? Are we sure that Misraim was really in Egypt? There's a Misraim on the anatolian plateau, near where the Hurrians or their Mitanni overlords used to raise horses... years ago, I tracked the invention of the chariot back to that same area.

-------edit-------
One more thing about Plato. Since he references the Olympian Gods, then he must know that some of those Gods were women...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
They did not understand it

Even today they do not …

Seriously. What if the reason they can't find proof for an Exodus is because they're not looking in the right place?

Years ago, I painstakingly read a book written by Theophile Cailleux, called La Judée En Europe. While it made some good points, it didn't entirely convince me... but it did start me wondering, What if?
Because if the only thing we know about history is that which gets published... and then makes it into the mainstream... well, the censors don't seem to know that anything forbidden is that which becomes most desired. And with the advent of the internet, true history is becoming revealed. It's even possible to find Godbey's Lost Tribes a Myth, these days.

The Hyksos brought horses to Egypt. Horses came with the invasions of Aryan overlords into Hurrian and Hatti lands. Aryans are a male-dominated society. The Sumerians had horses and a very crude sort of chariot... they were blue-eyed, round-headed people from the central-asian steppes. The Berbers said Satan was blue-eyed, because these people had apparently invaded Libya as well. (Did they invade because some farther-east nation had pushed them out of their lands?)

The Egyptian monuments show the blonde invaders wearing tattoos and what looks like ostrich-feathers... this must have been after the invasion of Libya. The Amorites were strawberry-blondes with blue eyes and Nordic features... Sayce calls them the White Race of Palestine. But those who lost the Trojan war were the Sea-Peoples of Egyptian records, from the north of the Mediterranean, in the Aegean. History owes more to Petrie's photos and the portraits on the Egyptian monuments than words can express.

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Atlantis was and still is in Mauritania

"For these histories tell of a mighty power which unprovoked made an expedition against the whole of Europe and Asia, and to which your city put an end. This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits which are by you called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together, and was the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean; for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbour, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent. Now in this island of Atlantis there was a great and wonderful empire which had rule over the whole island and several others, and over parts of the continent, and, furthermore, the men of Atlantis had subjected the parts of Libya within the columns of Heracles as far as Egypt, and of Europe as far as Tyrrhenia."
--Plato, Timaeus (360 B.C.), Jowett Translation.

I'm looking at an ancient Mauritania map... it runs to Numidia on the East, and goes to the Atlas Mountains in the South, beyond which is Gaetulia. It's definitely not bigger than Libya and Asia (Minor) put together... but maps would have to depend on chronology, since nations expanded and contracted... especially in land taken by the Moors of whom Sallust tells us in Catiline.

In any case, Mauritania was never an island. And it isn't outside the Pillars of Heracles... unless Iberia is also considered an island and outside of the Pillars... Interesting thought.

Strabo reports that the Iberian Turdetani "have an alphabet, and possess ancient writings, poems, and metrical laws six thousand years old." Strabo wrote sometime around when BC turned into AD... opinions vary. But an alphabet and laws, around 6000 B.C....

In 360 B.C., Athens was 9000 years old, and Egypt was 8000... a fascinating thought, that needs more thinking.

Upvote 0