✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I don't do google, sorry. (sigh)

OK... I looked. And searched Chinguetti, Mauritania...
Who says this is Atlantis? And why do they say it?
Why do they think that the "Eye of the Sahara" in the Sahara Desert used to be in the Atlantic Ocean?
Because of the shape, right? (reading, reading) But... it's a salt dome... and they're all over the place.
This info is in atlantipedia, under Jimmy Corsetti.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I suppose it depends how you feel about the word … debunked

Debunked is a matter of opinion, usually shows the bias of the debunker, and generally makes me want to dig deeper.

But if there are salt domes in a lot of places, and none of them were on islands at the mouth of the Mediterranean... I think Atlantis being a salt dome is sort of a stretch.

Where the Pillars of Heracles actually were has also been debated.

Hargrave Jennings has pictures of St. Michael's Mount and Mont St. Michel on either side of the British Channel, with a curious caption between: "British Channel, 'Dragon-mouth' (Galilee from the West), St. Michael or the Sun (Hercules)."

Is he saying that Dragon-mouth = (Galilee from the West), like he's saying St. Michael = (Hercules)? Maybe I should actually read The Rosicrucians... not just dance around the subject anymore. I downloaded the book ages ago, but the title kept scaring me off.

Upvote 0

Torah Keeper

Jun 2, 2013
Tennessee
✟37,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I didn't watch the entire video, too long. I do agree that the ruins of ancient Egypt show precision machining. The tube drills are an example of this because the grooves indicate high speed drilling, something on par with modern machinery. Circular sawn blocks, injection molded stone, and precision monuments that would require CNC lathe accuracy are other examples.

It's easy to dismiss the evidence and say silly things like "they used copper chisels and man power". This is nonsense. There is very clear evidence of an ancient worldwide, highly technological society. Perhaps even superior to our own "modern age".

There is no new thing under the sun.

I am of the opinion that there was a highly technological, one world government before the global flood. After the flood, the ruins of these advanced cities were settled in by Noah's descendants. They scavenged the ruins, using what they could until it decayed or rusted away, and melted down precious metals. Thousands of years passed, and cities were built, destroyed, and rebuilt numerous times on what were once the remnants of a pre-flood civilization.

The flood survivors had the knowledge of these things but lacked the infrastructure to repair them. Imagine if there was another global catastrophe, leaving 8 people alive. How long would it take them to reinvent a computer? They wouldn't. They would be too busy trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic ice age.

The Egyptians seem to have just moved into one of these ruined pre-flood cities and rebuilt them, with inferior methods. Other examples are Puma Punku, Machu Picchu, Saycsahuamen, Baalbek, and Yona Guni.

Reactions: JohnEmmett
Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
The Egyptians seem to have just moved into one of these ruined pre-flood cities and rebuilt them, with inferior methods. Other examples are Puma Punku, Machu Picchu, Saqsaywaman, Baalbek, and Yona Guni.

DP-24216-003.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums