O'Donnell on ABC: 'Radical Christians' no different that murdering radical Muslims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword-In-Hand

Born again to raze hell
Nov 27, 2003
ky
✟17,362.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
*Personal opinion*

Concerning Rosie--if half the world would rather see you executed by a slow painful death rather than hear another word you have to say, that person isn't entitled to have much of an opinion about anything.;)

I haven't figured out why celebrities think their word is golden and all of America should take heed.

Oh and it's great that if she would have used any minority or other religion, people would demand an apology. But we Christians are the excluded. C'est la vie.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
*Personal opinion*

Concerning Rosie--if half the world would rather see you executed by a slow painful death rather than hear another word you have to say, that person isn't entitled to have much of an opinion about anything.;)

I haven't figured out why celebrities think their word is golden and all of America should take heed.

Oh and it's great that if she would have used any minority or other religion, people would demand an apology. But we Christians are the excluded. C'est la vie.

Personally, who cares what a sinner, and we can call her that, says in the first place. She is a practicing lesbian. I pay her about as much attention as I do Jerry Springer.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Radical" Christians ARE just as dangerous as "Radical" Muslims. SHe is right. But most of the Christians i have met and know are not "radical".

But we have to admit that there are some in the name of God who have been terrorists in our own country to our own people just like the Taliban and the likes. Namely the KKK (countless examples), and groups such as the Westboro Baptist church that condones and celebrates the deaths of homosexuals and Americans.

You or I can argue whether or not these are truly Christian people ( I think not) but they did these things in the name of God, just as the Hamas and such do things in the name of Allah.

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Personally, who cares what a sinner, and we can call her that, says in the first place. She is a practicing lesbian. I pay her about as much attention as I do Jerry Springer."
Yeah because a practicing lesbian has to be ignored at all costs [rolls eyes]

I suppose we have to stop listening to you as well, since you sin every day right? Or have you become perfect?

Lokk she may not be a Christian but that does not discredit what she says. She may be a lesbian but that does not discredit what she says. That is biggoted talk.

Simply put: If she is wrong she is wrong on the basis of facts not on the basis of her religious preferences or her sexual orientation. To say otherwise is bigotry.

Reactions: meh
Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rosie should be taken seriously (note: not what she says, but what she represents). She represents a large portion of the US culture who for one reason or another (and Uncle Bud had some good examples) view Christians with disdain. Because she is seen as progressive, caring (she adopted a few children), and funny, many will believe her over, say, Falwell, Roberston, or even Mohler or Rogers.

Don't dismiss her, she is dangerous. Pray for her.

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree HM. She is dangerous because she is seen as a rebel or someone not to betaken seriously. But the fact is single middle class and lower are listeningto her and we need to pray for her and the rest of the people like her.

Good post HM.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Personally, who cares what a sinner, and we can call her that, says in the first place. She is a practicing lesbian. I pay her about as much attention as I do Jerry Springer."
Yeah because a practicing lesbian has to be ignored at all costs [rolls eyes]

I suppose we have to stop listening to you as well, since you sin every day right? Or have you become perfect?

Lokk she may not be a Christian but that does not discredit what she says. She may be a lesbian but that does not discredit what she says. That is biggoted talk.

Simply put: If she is wrong she is wrong on the basis of facts not on the basis of her religious preferences or her sexual orientation. To say otherwise is bigotry.

I'm sorry if you took "my opinions" as if I were speaking for everybody.

You know friend, there is such a thing as "intentional" sins and unintentional sins. I know we all sin, and we try not to. But to sin on purpose because they want to is the exact same thing Paul decried in Rom. 1:26.

I said "I pay her about as much attention as Jerry Springer." I didn't say "we." I never was speaking for the whole. Only my opinion was expressed. I agree that we should pray for her. But I'm not worried about what she has to say because I know in the end, she'll have stand before the "righteous judge" and answer for what she said.

I see no one in here expressing concerns about what Howard Stern does. Or are you making allowances for her because she's lesbian and overlooking what Mr. Stern does.

Sin is sin, whether it is from a lesbian or from a foul mouthed DJ.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wait people still pay attention to Rosie odonell?

And I guess she is right, I mean just last week i loaded a bus full of kids with bomb vests into an athiest hangout and blew that thing up....

OH WAIT, WE DONT RUN AROUND KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I mean if your going to get upset about what she said, how come nobody is upset about a certain heavy metal rock band named Alice in Chains and what they said in one of their songs?

"Jesus Christ, deny your maker." "Man in the Box"

Here's a few more:

"I don't need Jesus Christ superstar."
"(Don't Need) Religion" by Motorhead

"The Nazarene will fester in hell!"
"Fight With the Beast" by Onslaught

"Are we saved by the words of ******* saints?"
"Quicksand Jesus" by Skid Row

"If you're looking for a Saviour, Then I've got the trick.
Christsycle Salvation on a stick!"
"Christsycle" by Coven

"I deny Jesus Christ, the deceiver."
"The Oath" by Mercyful Fate

"Serpent Jesus, Snakes of Christ."
"Snakes of Christ" by Danzig

"Like I need to be saved, In your Jesus Christ pose."
"Jesus Christ Pose" by Soundgarden

"I gaze into his glassy eyes and pluck him by the beard.
I uplift a broadaxe and split open his worm eaten skull...
Crush the skull Die Christ!"
"Crush the Skull" by Unleashed

"Jesus don't ya git tired of turnin' tricks..."
"Right Next Door to Hell" by Guns N Roses

"Cursed nazarene! Do nothing king...
Oh infernal majesty, condemn him to the pit evermore...
Abhorred pretender of majesty."
"Cursed Nazarene" by Acheron

"******* son, your saving grace..."
"Potters Field" by Anthrax

"Deny resurrection, behead the Nazarene Son...
Legion crush Jehovah, see through the faceless dog...
Execrate the revelation, master Satan rise!"
Behead the Prophet by Deicide

"Looking down the cross bleeding from the crown...
Kill the king of the world to be."
"Look Down At The Cross" by Megadeth

"Mote it be, Satan's sword I have become...
I burn with hate to rid the world of the Nazarene."
"Veangence is Mine" by Morbid Angel

"Your Savior Jesus was lost when he was nailed to the cross,
There is no truth to the Holy Cross."
"No Believers" by Sacred Reich

"Jesus knows your soul can not be saved,
Crucify the so called Lord."
"Hell Awaits" by Slayer

"If Jesus saves, well he'd better save himself."
"Hymn 43" by Jethro Tull

"I'll heal your wounds, I'll set you free,
I'm Jesus Christ on Ecstacy."
"Suck" by Nine Inch Nails

"Broken down Jesus with a taste for trash..."
"U.V. Ray" by The Jesus and Mary Chain

"Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life now...
He has needs, like I do. We both want to rape you."
"Opiate" by Tool

"My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink &
I Don't Love Jesus.
Jimmy Buffett

"The Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost.
Is just somebody's unholy hoax."
"Dear God" by XTC

Hum? You rant and rave about what she said, yet day after day this trash is allowed to play on the radio. Why get worked up over her?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry if you took "my opinions" as if I were speaking for everybody.
Please point out to me where I said or even hinted that you were speaking for everyone. I addressed you not everyone.

You know friend, there is such a thing as "intentional" sins and unintentional sins. I know we all sin, and we try not to. But to sin on purpose because they want to is the exact same thing Paul decried in Rom. 1:26.
I appreciate that speech but what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? You are discrediting what she says because she is a lesbian. You talk about intentional sins but you are a sinner, and you do many other intentional things every day and yet hey that seems to be better than if you were gay/lesbian? That is my point that you seemed to have been putting her sin as more grievous than your own and I was pointing out the faulty logic of this.

I never was speaking for the whole. Only my opinion was expressed.
Once again i never said you were.

I see no one in here expressing concerns about what Howard Stern does. Or are you making allowances for her because she's lesbian and overlooking what Mr. Stern does.
If you start a thread about Howard Stern perhaps people WILL comment on him. Or perhaps start a thread on these songs you posted after the fact people WILL comment on them. This is about a different person so why would we bring this guy up?

Am i making allowances for her because she is a lesbian? Never said i did, didn't even hint at it. Of course she is in sin, but my point is so are you and I, and her sin is no less damnable than ours if we do not repent either. But I will listen to you in your sinful state because if I did not listen to sinners I would have to never listen to anyone.

Sin is sin, whether it is from a lesbian or from a foul mouthed DJ.
Or from a sinful Baptist i assume?

[/quote] God Bless
[/quote]
You as well.

Upvote 0

JacobHall86

Calvin is 500 years old, Calvinism is eternal!
Apr 27, 2006
ATL
✟20,536.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
DeaconDean is right, she is willfully and intentionaly and unrepentant of her sins. That is vastly vastly differant than someone who sins and repents over that sin. If someone is openly living in sin, whether it be living with their spouse before marriage, being gay/lesbian, or asnything I will throw out what they say. Unrepentant is differant than a Christian who screws up and shows remorse.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please point out to me where I said or even hinted that you were speaking for everyone. I addressed you not everyone.

I appreciate that speech but what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? You are discrediting what she says because she is a lesbian. You talk about intentional sins but you are a sinner, and you do many other intentional things every day and yet hey that seems to be better than if you were gay/lesbian? That is my point that you seemed to have been putting her sin as more grievous than your own and I was pointing out the faulty logic of this.

Once again i never said you were.

If you start a thread about Howard Stern perhaps people WILL comment on him. Or perhaps start a thread on these songs you posted after the fact people WILL comment on them. This is about a different person so why would we bring this guy up?

Am i making allowances for her because she is a lesbian? Never said i did, didn't even hint at it. Of course she is in sin, but my point is so are you and I, and her sin is no less damnable than ours if we do not repent either. But I will listen to you in your sinful state because if I did not listen to sinners I would have to never listen to anyone.

Or from a sinful Baptist i assume?

So I'm a sinful Baptist? I suppose your a sinless Angelican?

For some reason friend you have a problem with me. I said I don't pay her much attention because of her lifestyle. You said I was condeming her on account of her sins and yet not looking at my own. The Bible makes it clear that some sins are worse than others, and the punishment for some will be worse than others.

"And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." -Lk. 12:47-48

Since I'm in the minority, I'll just say God Bless you and your "sinless" finger pointing. Since you obviously can "judge righteously" and you have judged me a sinful Baptist, I'll just say God Bless You and leave it at that.

God Bless you brother.

I'm outta here.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We are all sinners that fall
Short of God's glory and will continue
To do so until Christ comes back
Sadly I will again pray for Rosie to
Really know the true and one & only Christ
If she hasn't yet!

Upvote 0

SumTinWong

Living with BPD
Apr 30, 2004
In a house
Visit site
✟17,886.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I'm a sinful Baptist? I suppose your a sinless Angelican?
Not hardly, I was making a point which i see has been taken the wrong way. Instead of prolonging it perhaps someone else can explain it better?

For some reason friend you have a problem with me.
No sir i do not have a problem with you, I do not even know you.

Since I'm in the minority, I'll just say God Bless you and your "sinless" finger pointing. Since you obviously can "judge righteously" and you have judged me a sinful Baptist, I'll just say God Bless You and leave it at that.
I guess I am truly sorry that i tired to have this conversation with you. Please forgive me if i have upset you i will leave now as this is not my forum or my place to try and discuss these things.

Try and have a good day.

Upvote 0

CrusaderKing

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
United States
✟24,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I mean if your going to get upset about what she said, how come nobody is upset about a certain heavy metal rock band named Alice in Chains and what they said in one of their songs?

"Jesus Christ, deny your maker." "Man in the Box"

That song is about suicide.

As far as Rosie goes, I was pretty offended by what she said because there are many people out there with negative opinions towards Christianity who are saying, "I didn't like her before, but I like her now." Prayer is a great solution here for we are called to pray for our enemies.

Upvote 0

chris777

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
GA
✟17,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What Rosie did was typical behavior for her, what really stands out is the audience cheering and applauding immediately after she spewed her venom.
It's not so much what she said, or that she said it at all, its that a large number of that audience agreed with her, and on top of it agreed enough to vocalize it loudly, that really stands out.
I havent heard anyone comment on that in any of the articles or news bits, and only found out once someone linked to the actual clip.

They all need prayer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.