Oct 11, 2003
Missouri
Visit site
✟7,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Almost every time my wife comes here there seems to be 666 members online.:confused:
Now, out of the blue, she has been asked to change her name due to someone seems to be affended that it may be a street name for a drug, a name I haven't heard since the early 80's.
Question is.....
Is this a sign from God that she shouldn't participate here?
Has anyone else seen this?

FervidPrincess

Eternally Bonded
Oct 16, 2003
Midwest
✟8,030.00
Faith
Protestant
I am the one who has been asked to change my user name. I have come to the conclusion that I must part ways with this forum. Theres a thousand other forums out there that I can join and not be judged by a name. AngelDust...the name I picked is not a drug to me. I feel someone may have been upset with a post that I made and lashed out personally...by wanting my name changed. I guess most of you think I should just change my name...cant and wont, Its the principal of it...it is not a drug and I stand firm to that. Never took pcp...never even seen it. Me and my sinful name will leave...sorry to offend whoever it was and I hope you are happy that you have made one Christian say to herself..."I will walk amongst my own warily"...not my beliefs, but other so called Christians.

God Bless...

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
AngelDust said:
I am the one who has been asked to change my user name. I have come to the conclusion that I must part ways with this forum. Theres a thousand other forums out there that I can join and not be judged by a name. AngelDust...the name I picked is not a drug to me. I feel someone may have been upset with a post that I made and lashed out personally...by wanting my name changed. I guess most of you think I should just change my name...cant and wont, Its the principal of it...it is not a drug and I stand firm to that. Never took pcp...never even seen it. Me and my sinful name will leave...sorry to offend whoever it was and I hope you are happy that you have made one Christian say to herself..."I will walk amongst my own warily"...not my beliefs, but other so called Christians.

God Bless...
I am disappointed to hear that you are having these difficulties. I would not have though anything about your screen name if it had not been pointed out. I would have just assumed it had a spiritual meaning. I hope the Lord blesses you and your husband.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Yitzchak said:
I am disappointed to hear that you are having these difficulties. I would not have though anything about your screen name if it had not been pointed out. I would have just assumed it had a spiritual meaning. I hope the Lord blesses you and your husband.
I wouldn't have thought anything about it either. I think it is a nice name myself.

Upvote 0

ZoneChaos

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I would hatew to see her go, I would side with changing the name.

I know to you it is not a bad thing, but part of representing who you are is representing God to everyone.

If someone percieves your nickname as offensive, then why not change it? You like it, but if it is truly causing someone offense, or worse, causing them to stumble, why not change it?

AngelDust is a drug, and it is a common term still used today. Personally, the words itself are harmless, but then so are cuss words. It is the meaning that society has put on them that is offensive.

Its not your fault. No harm intended from you. And in creating the name I do not think you knew what it meant to others, however, now that you do know, you also have to accept the meaning that most people will associate with it.

I would hate to see anyone leave the fellowship of this forum. It is a mighty and wonderous ministry.

But its between you and God I suppose. Ask Him. :)

Upvote 0

Warrior Poet

A Legendary Outlaw
Jun 25, 2003
Sunny SoCal, In a city named after a fruit. Cake.
✟17,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
AngelDust....I like it thats kinda cool. Plus no one will think drugs if you dont tell them it is one. Hope you dont leave due to forum managment, they can be rather well.....nvm, they just edit it out anyway.

Warrior Poet

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
adopt.gif

[nodis]

This thread is closed. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.