✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Brothers and Sisters,

There are 3 options for today’s Mass Liturgy. I’m posting from the Saturday of the 27th Week in Ordinary Time, because in the Gospel, Jesus points us to Mary, our Mother. Also adding intercessions from Morning Prayer in the Liturgy of the Hours so we can hear “the gift of Mary” to us. Priest-Saints Denis and John Leonardi, praise Mary, and pray to Mary with us for the Clergy and All People Jesus died to save.

Please ponder God’s Word in the light of our own day. The Alleluia verse and Gospel appropriately speak of God’s Love for Mary, giving her to us, as Mother and Model for the Church. Today and every day let us remember Jesus’ Words from His Cross: “Behold your Mother!”

Reading I(Jl 4:12-21)

Thus says the LORD: Let the nations bestir themselves and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; For there will I sit in judgment upon all the neighboring nations. Apply the sickle, for the harvest is ripe; Come and tread, for the wine press is full; The vats overflow, for great is their malice. Crowd upon crowd in the valley of decision; For near is the day of the LORD in the valley of decision.Sun and moon are darkened, and the stars withhold their brightness. The LORD roars from Zion, and from Jerusalem raises His voice; The heavens and the earth quake, but the LORD is a refuge to is people, a stronghold to the children of Israel. Then shall you know that I, the LORD, am your God,dwelling on Zion, My holy mountain; Jerusalem shall be holy, and strangers shall pass through her no more. And then, on that day, the mountains shall drip new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk; And the channels of Judah shall flow with water: A fountain shall issue from the house of the LORD, to water the Valley of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]tim. Egypt shall be a waste, and Edom a desert waste, Because of violence done to the people of Judah, because they shed innocent blood in their land. But Judah shall abide forever, and Jerusalem for all generations. I will avenge their blood, and not leave it unpunished. The LORD dwells in Zion.​

Alleluia (Lk 11:28) “Blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.”​

Gospel (Lk 11:27-28)

While Jesus was speaking, a woman from the crowd called out and said to Him, “Blessed is the womb that carried you and the breasts at which you nursed.” He replied, “Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it".​

(Adding now: from "The Liturgy of the Hours, Morning Prayer, today:)

With confidence let us pray to the Father Who willed that the Virgin Mary should surpass all creatures on Heaven and earth:
– Look upon the Mother of Your Son, and hear our prayer.
We are grateful to you, Father of Mercy, for You gave us Mary to be our Mother and Model, Through her intercession, Cleanse our hearts.
You inspired Mary to be attentive to Your Word and Faithful in Your service. Through her intercession, give us the Gifts of your Holy Spirit.
– You strengthened Mary at the foot of the Cross and filled her with joy at the Resurrection of Your Son, Through her intercession relieve our distress and strengthen our Hope.

Reactions: Michie