• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD/Relationships!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianGuitarMan112190

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys, I have OCD. I had a fair share of issues in the past with it. Has anybody here, ever experienced this? I met this new girl right, and I was playing Rock Band with my sister. Then BAM!! Thought popped in my mind, I get things go through my mind like, if I don't beat this, this girl will stop talking to me...=\ Well, alot of people would find this silly, but I am posting in the OCD forum. So, I was playing the drums on it, and there's these little silver things you have to hit all in a row to get bonuses, and my mind had a thought of if I don't hit all these, she'll stop talking to me, and now I feel like this girl will stop talking to me,\. Like she is going to die or something...:( Now, I have this HUGE fear that she's going to die...:( I just need reassuassurance, I have obsessive betting thoughts too, like I'm CONSTANTLY acting out stupid compulsions in my mind like, I'd never bet my family, I'd never bet my soul, I'd never bet my athleticism and I have obsessive thoughts saying I am doing these things anytime I'm competing, and I feel like it's the devil and not my mind, and like he's going to take away my family, my soul, my talents, this girl I like lately, and I just can't shake it...=\ Can anybody help me out alil bit? And I have violent thoughts sometimes too, such as hurting/killing loved ones and friends even suicidal thoughts. I have to do things like, type delete retype to help me feel better, when I get these violent thoughts it makes me feel like Imma bad person and going to hell. and like im going to do these actions and not be able to help it...:( It's really running me down guys, ANY help I'd GREATLY appreciate! BTW, I am medicated, 20mg of Paxil daily, I take it in the morning...=\

RachelZ

Mar 6, 2008
✟8,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey ChristianGuitarMan...sorry you sound like you're really going through it...it all sounds very OCDish to me. I think you'll find a lot of people on here who can relate, maybe not allways in 100% exactly the same way as the OCD tends to fix on different things for different people but certainly the way it operates is remarkably similar from person to person. Theres a good thread on here about ERP which might help you...posted by Seajoy.

Sorry I haven't got loads of helpful stuff to say but hope and pray you get some peace soon...take care, Rachel

Upvote 0

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I used to have the thought that if I turned off the tv or radio, and the last word was a "bad" word, like cancer, death, evil, etc....I had thoughts that bad things would happen to me or someone else. So I would quickly turn the tv or radio on and wait for a "good" word, and then shut them off.

Since I've had therapy, I now shut them off on a bad word just have a good laugh about it. Therapy works...and what you are experiencing is OCD. Just say, "oh well" to those thoughts, and don't back track. Just move on with your day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.