• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD on the mark of the beast!

Vincent Reynolds

Dec 31, 2020
Michigan
✟17,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im scared i did something unforgivable i dont really know how to explain it and it might sound weird but i think I had a thought about the mark of the beast and i touched my right hand now im scared i took the mark of the beast, I know it sounds silly but Its really freaking me out please help and im scared will God forgive me for doing that?

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight

Vincent Reynolds

Dec 31, 2020
Michigan
✟17,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im scared i did something unforgivable i dont really know how to explain it and it might sound weird but i think I had a thought about the mark of the beast and i touched my right hand now im scared i took the mark of the beast, I know it sounds silly but Its really freaking me out please help and im scared will God forgive me for doing that?
I Love Jesus I know I didnt take the mark of the beast and I know i never would but this is giving me so much anxiety.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No but thats not what im talking about will God forgive me if I sinned?
But that is where the real source of your anxiety lies.

Do you have a church home that can deal with OCD effectively?

Upvote 0

Vincent Reynolds

Dec 31, 2020
Michigan
✟17,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But that is where the real source of your anxiety lies.

Do you have a church home that can deal with OCD effectively?
No but I just wanna know i dont even know why I touched my right hand it seemed deliberate i dont even know but i dont even know why i did it i cant even explain this

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

i_am

Dec 31, 2020
St. Louis
✟15,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Vincent, I assure you that you did not accidentally commit the unforgivable sin. Are their other sins that are giving you grief? Every person on this site is guity of sinning and such is the cause of many an illness. Your heavenly father loved you and I so much that he provided a way out of separation from him and a life of sin culminating in death. That's why I believe in his Son Jesus Christ (the Word) who sent the Holy Spirit to guide you and I into the truth and to insure that we keep a clean heart or conscience in life. If we mess up and sin Jesus plays the part of a defense attorney for us with God. He is our advocate with the father. Vincent, don't be so concerned with the prophetic but instead become a master of the basics, the fundamentals and by doing so your life will improve and the prophetic will reveal itself to you as you need to know it. Trust God, stay pure in heart, and actively love and help those who are in need by sharing their burdens. God bless you my friend.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No but I just wanna know i dont even know why I touched my right hand it seemed deliberate i dont even know but i dont even know why i did it i cant even explain this
My mistake. I erroneously assumed that you wanted to stop freaking out. (I appear to be incorrect in that assumption...)
  1. You are freaking out because of a strange vision.
  2. You have OCD, and you know it is responsible for your strange vision.
  3. You won't let a doctor address your OCD, and
  4. you won't let a church help you in your OCD.
You cannot expect a better outcome from random strangers on the internet.

• Agree
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Vincent Reynolds

Dec 31, 2020
Michigan
✟17,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My mistake. I erroneously assumed that you wanted to stop freaking out. (I appear to be incorrect in that assumption...)
What If i dont have OCD then does that mean I did it willfully and i will go to hell if what I did was a sin?

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What If i dont have OCD then does that mean I did it willfully and i will go to hell if what I did was a sin?
  1. You posted this in the OCD sub-forum.
  2. And OCD is in your thread's title.
Do you doubt that diagnosis?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Im not even sure I even have Ocd i just posted it on here
Your OP is consistent with OCD. If you want a solution that doesn't address that root problem, I am out of ideas. GLWT

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. There's no reason for God to forgive you. You didn't mean it. God knows your heart and He knows the fearful thoughts we have are just that - fearful thoughts. You don't have the mark of the beast. You are ok. Please believe me. You don't need to be afraid!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you left handed?

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟991,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I dont know but im scared and dont know what to do

Please try to calm yourself, Vincent, or perhaps it would be better to tell you to ask Jesus and the Holy Spirit to calm you. I am sorry you are feeling this anxiety, but I am more than confident that you have done no such thing as taken the mark of the beast and forever declared your loyalty to Satan (or estranged yourself forever from the Lord, to put it in terms of the flipside). If you know you love Jesus - yes, in spite of your sins and faults - then there is no problem at all. Think of it this way, perhaps: if it really is so easy to just up and instantly condemn yourself as forever evil and an enemy of God by "taking the mark" or a similar act, just as easy as touching your hand where you think the physical mark of the beast would go and simultaneously simply having a thought about the mark or the beast or any similar subject .... then honestly what good was Jesus' death on the cross and resurrection? Why call it the Good News, the Gospel, if in fact it is so easy to completely flush all benefit and joy of the Good News down the drain in an instant? Is Jesus not more powerful than that? Does His love and mercy not cover a multitude of sins?

I will pray for the Spirit to give you peace and calm in this, and that He will in fact never let you go, for anything or any reason.:angel:

Upvote 0