• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD on a comment i heard.

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The dictionary says it's innate or profound wickedness.

I did some research, and Marylin Manson was a member of the Church of Satan. Now the church claims to be separate from Satan and not believing Satan is real, thus going along with Satan's trickery.

So I did my research and concluded that Marylin Manson was a Satan worshiper at least for some of his life if not currently a Satan worshiper. She was right about that.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have OCD, and it does not stem from spiritual causes. It's a disorder caused by having an excess of anxiety (possibly caused by lack of certain brain chemicals), and unlike a general anxiety disorder the excess anxiety tends to latch onto one specific target, or obsession, which the brain over-analyzes.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I did some research, and Marylin Manson was a member of the Church of Satan. Now the church claims to be separate from Satan and not believing Satan is real, thus going along with Satan's trickery.

So I did my research and concluded that Marylin Manson was a Satan worshiper at least for some of his life if not currently a Satan worshiper. She was right about that.

ever have OCD like this-analyzing unhealthy things of the past?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ever have OCD like this-analyzing unhealthy things of the past?

I have been remembering my evil life before I became Christian. And the thoughts keep coming but I just realize that I've been forgiven from God. But I still feel wicked. Is that OCD? Maybe.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have been remembering my evil life before I became Christian. And the thoughts keep coming but I just realize that I've been forgiven from God. But I still feel wicked. Is that OCD? Maybe.

God does change us. I used to find harry potter and star wars sensational and entertaining.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God does change us. I used to find harry potter and star wars sensational and entertaining.

I still watch harry potter, but I know it's just entertaining and not real.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I dont think she looked up those dictionary definitions like I did. Thats an OCD type thing. Agree?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I dont think she looked up those dictionary definitions like I did. Thats an OCD type thing. Agree?

Maybe, maybe not. I look up definitions a lot because my memory is terrible and I forget the meanings of words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Obsession with or affinity for evil?

I'm not an expert on OCD to be honest. Sounds like what you're describing needs to be immersed in the Holy Spirit of God. That is accomplished by loving God and serving him and his children in my opinion.

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You have it too?

Maybe a little. I am known to sin a little at times and not really feel sorry for it. Some people here express huge remorse for sinning even small stuff. But extreme sin is evil to me. Like cheating on spouse is really evil to me and killing even animals hurts my feelings.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Why was she talking about it. Sensationalism

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not an expert on OCD to be honest. Sounds like what you're describing needs to be immersed in the Holy Spirit of God. That is accomplished by loving God and serving him and his children in my opinion.

Im too focused on looking back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums