• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ocd fear about being transformed to something ugly

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is the reason compulsions are created. I was in reddit and as I was thinking about my ocd fear, I thought I read the word "ugly" but it was the word "guy" and I calmed down. In the next seconds, I read in another reddit title the word "ugly" I entered the topic and started seeing words that were more connected to my ocd fear.

I think I started thinking stuff like " was that a coincidence? what if in the next reddit titles, I read the word sign?" it is a thought that in many cases, it automatically pops up when I am seeing coincidences.

In the next second, I read in one of the reddit titles a title that had the word "signal" I freaked

ocd: the universe or a God is sending you signs to tell you about your ocd fear

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's word says,

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

Notice how the beauty of "a gentle and quiet spirit" is "incorruptible" > so this can not be changed to be ugly!!!

Because the beauty of God's gentle and quiet love can not be corrupted!!!

But fear is cruel, and it is ugly. So, do not give in to how fear can effect you. Trust God, instead.

Do not trust fear. Also, worry is a pathological liar and very cruel.

Upvote 0