• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD, COVID & Me

veri_aka

May 3, 2020
Germantown
✟9,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been struggling with OCD since my college years. And this pandemic hasn’t helped me one bit, in spite of its vindication it gave me to my non-strugglers because of how things are.

And I’m working with social distanced challenged co-workers at one of my jobs. Many choose to wear their masks low or barely at all. It doesn’t help I work in a warehouse with talkative ones either. I sometimes want them to shut up. As an introvert too, it does annoy me sometimes.

Not only that, I’ve been afraid to hug people at church, like I was in elementary to middle school again. And the fact that there are people still hugging during this pandemic whether they had it or not makes me cringe and almost angry at them for wanting to hug me. Including this one overbearing church lady who likes to hug.

Many times I end up getting late for work because of trying to find a clean mask, afraid that my hands will taint the mask I pick up.

Last edited:

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,061.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been struggling with OCD since my college years. And this pandemic hasn’t helped me one bit, in spite of its vindication it gave me to my non-strugglers because of how things are.

And I’m working with social distanced challenged co-workers at one of my jobs. Many choose to wear their masks low or barely at all. It doesn’t help I work in a warehouse with talkative ones either. I sometimes want them to shut up. As an introvert too, it does annoy me sometimes.

Not only that, I’ve been afraid to hug people at church, like I was in elementary to middle school again. And the fact that there are people still hugging during this pandemic whether they had it or not makes me cringe and almost angry at them for wanting to hug me. Including this one overbearing church lady who likes to hug.

Many times I end up getting late for work because of trying to find a clean mask, afraid that my hands will taint the mask I pick up.
I also do not like being hugged by foreign people, its mostly older ladies who try to do that. I never comply and always move away. They must learn that not everybody is their child.

If you are an itnrovert and do not like how people behave, generally, maybe its best for you to try some home office career?

And OCD as such can be treated or put under some control. There are some clinical tricks, for example cleaning your house, getting more sunshine etc. that can "miraculously" bring some mental relief to paranoia, OCD, anxiety and such. Best to consult with a professional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffwhosoever
Upvote 0

veri_aka

May 3, 2020
Germantown
✟9,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also do not like being hugged by foreign people, its mostly older ladies who try to do that. I never comply and always move away. They must learn that not everybody is their child.

If you are an itnrovert and do not like how people behave, generally, maybe its best for you to try some home office career?

And OCD as such can be treated or put under some control. There are some clinical tricks, for example cleaning your house, getting more sunshine etc. that can "miraculously" bring some mental relief to paranoia, OCD, anxiety and such. Best to consult with a professional.

I can’t I love my job and prayed for it prior to COVID and got it as I have been working in the motorcycle industry, out of my love for motorcycles, and I can’t find this anywhere else. In spite of the socially distanced challenged co-workers, I need this job. And it would allow me to have enough to pay off some house bills.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Nearly every person on this planet will have to adjust to being around co-workers and other people after COVID because we have all been isolated in our homes for over a year. We will all be struggling right along you. Can you start out slow and tip toe back into in person work, or ask your boss for a quiet, away from other people cube for a time or work space? If you have been vaccinated, the concern over getting the virus should be behind you now, and if not, get vaccinated if that is what you think you should do, to erase this fear. I had a coworker that used to take his knife and cut his apple using a softer edged knife as a form of working out his OCD. He also kept the cleanest desk of anyone I ever saw, with no large piles of paper like mine!

Upvote 0