• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OCD and Sleep Disorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianGuitarMan112190

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, I have OCD. I can handle it in the day, but the thoughts become heavy and vivid at night!! There blasphemous thoughts!! I'm not asking for reassurance, because the fact I love God and believe in Jesus as my saviour is my reassurance!! I'm just posting to ask how to handle these thoughts at night!! You see for the last 3 years they happen but harder at night!! Leading to me satying up till 8 AM and getting up at 10-12 AM!! I'm sick of it!! Any advice?? Thank You!!:D

seajoy

Senior Veteran
Jul 5, 2006
michigan
✟19,053.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I have OCD. I can handle it in the day, but the thoughts become heavy and vivid at night!! There blasphemous thoughts!! I'm not asking for reassurance, because the fact I love God and believe in Jesus as my saviour is my reassurance!! I'm just posting to ask how to handle these thoughts at night!! You see for the last 3 years they happen but harder at night!! Leading to me satying up till 8 AM and getting up at 10-12 AM!! I'm sick of it!! Any advice?? Thank You!!:D
Talk with your psychiatrist or doctor about taking Trazodone at night. It helps me very much with my sleep trouble. When it was the ocd that bothered me, it really helped. Now that I have trouble with sleep because of Fibromyalgia...it helps with that too. I've been on it for 15yrs, with no side effects. It's an anti-depressant that has the added benefit of restful sleep if taken before bed.

God bless.

Upvote 0

ChristianGuitarMan112190

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Talk with your psychiatrist or doctor about taking Trazodone at night. It helps me very much with my sleep trouble. When it was the ocd that bothered me, it really helped. Now that I have trouble with sleep because of Fibromyalgia...it helps with that too. I've been on it for 15yrs, with no side effects. It's an anti-depressant that has the added benefit of restful sleep if taken before bed.

God bless.
Alright, thank you!!:) I greatly appreciate it!! I have an appointment with my doctor on the 26th!! So I'll mention that!! Thanks!!

Upvote 0

QUannie

Jun 22, 2007
✟7,977.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ChristianGuitar man112190,
I am sorry for your sleeping problems....that is tough having sleeping problems!!!
I prayed for you brother!
Hang in there!
About 4/5 years ago I had such bad OCD {did not know what it was then} I could not sleep, it was very difficult!!! I understand your pain!

Q

Upvote 0

ChristianGuitarMan112190

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ChristianGuitar man112190,
I am sorry for your sleeping problems....that is tough having sleeping problems!!!
I prayed for you brother!
Hang in there!
About 4/5 years ago I had such bad OCD {did not know what it was then} I could not sleep, it was very difficult!!! I understand your pain!

Q
Thank you very much QUannie!! I really appreciate!!:)

Upvote 0

ChristianGuitarMan112190

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
in the summer things were so bad for me that i could not sleep as well. i would say try to get some sleeping meds to help you. i take 100 mill of seroquel to help me sleep at night. it really helps me.
Thanks man!! Yeah, I've tried several sleep supps, melantonin, which worked for awhiel then it didnt and it also causes SAD, nyquil type stuff and now this root thingy that helps alittle!!:) What is seroquel?? Is it prescribed??

Upvote 0

ChristianGuitarMan112190

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
✟15,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yeah it is a perscribed med. 100 mill works best for me (as is im out and im not able to fall asleap as well).
Yeah I think I've actually seen a commercial for it before!! I went to the Doctor today!! Told him about all my problems!! He put me on Paxil, said it should clear it up, if not to come back to him for otehr stuff!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.