Massachusetts
✟29,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I overthink things so much, I don’t even want too. I’ve set up a certain pattern of my Prayers and I can’t say it any other way. I do say different prayers but I need to say a certain one three times a day (morning, noon and night.)
i’m overthinking a forming friendship.
“What if it was idolatry!!?” I never worshiped this. I did think about it sometimes. I thanked God for this forming friendship but now I’m living in fear of it being idolatry.

Summary: Was this forming friendship an idolatry?! Did I ruin it?! Are my unwanted thoughts idolatry?!

• Prayers
Reactions: GospelS

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm hoping and praying you can find rest and peace in knowing that your justification is based on what God has done for you (for all of us) and not on anything you do for Him.

I've been thinking a lot about the story of the Prodigal son (and his brother who relied on his own obedience instead of the Father's love and goodness). It's better, it seems to be the moral of the story, to actually be the Prodigal son.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can you "mind map" the many issues to begin with.

Then select the 60% of angles and aspects that are more important than some of frankly relatively little importance.

Then out of those, select a further group of about two-fifths, which are more important still.

Then out of those in turn, just pick the utter top three.

Of which one will be even more utter top.

I do this and then it doesn't matter that I am thinking of everything all at once. Because I can see in perspectives and layers.

Suddenly I find thinking relaxing and not fearful.

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I overthink things so much, I don’t even want too. I’ve set up a certain pattern of my Prayers and I can’t say it any other way. I do say different prayers but I need to say a certain one three times a day (morning, noon and night.)
i’m overthinking a forming friendship.
“What if it was idolatry!!?” I never worshiped this. I did think about it sometimes. I thanked God for this forming friendship but now I’m living in fear of it being idolatry.

Summary: Was this forming friendship an idolatry?! Did I ruin it?! Are my unwanted thoughts idolatry?!

Are you under the care of a psychiatrist or even just a therapist? I myself have OCD and can more than relate to your obsessions. You are not dealing with idolatry but rather a biologically based disorder - OCD is rooted in disruptions of the neurotransmitter serotonin which proper medication can greatly help. I encourage you to seek professional help as OCD is treatable.

• Useful
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0