• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

ocd 1 and ocd 2

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I pray to the Generic God due to ocd who is different than Christian. Due to ocd, i was doing a tiring compulsion in my pc. it was a compulsion that I needed to be alert in some specific seconds in order not to ruin it. i was doing the compulsion because ocd was like ocd: do not do it the normal way what you are trying to do. do it in a specific way and be alert not to ruin it because you may have made a promise to the Generic God. I never made a promise but i was worried. if i was failing to do the compulsion, ocd was telling me to restart again and if i got the compulsion right, ocd was telling me i may have made an error and that i may have to start again because maybe it will be a mockery to the Generic God . so ocd was telling me to start again just to be sure and to prove i am doing the compulsion right. at that moment, ocd reminded me of an old ocd compulsion that it did not allow me to prove to the Generic God what i am doing it. that made me relieved cause i did not have to restart the compulsion. and that happened for many days and every time ocd was teling me to restart ocd 2 was telling me not to and thag relieved me. til i was between 2 ocd compulsions. i had to do ocd 1 or ocd 2. i did ocd 1 and ocd 2 was giving me worries that i did not do the ocd compulsion which was not to restart. and i restarted. i know all of these are thoughts without my will. both ocd 1 and ocd 2 but... many times it happened, and even though i knew they were thoughts without my will, a part of my ocd was using an ocd 2 as an excuse to force me to relieve myself from the tiring compulsion for a moment, only to try to trap me later. why i worry? 1) how can i be sure that they are thoughts without my will? it happened many times, but how can i be sure? 2) what if they were thoughts without my will with ocd that they were trying to free me only to trap me later, and since i was happy and felt relieved about it, maybe my ocd tells me ocd: what if the Generic God made those ocd compulsions-promises valid? Just because they calmed you down? just because you felt relieved? are you sure thet were thoughts without your will? please answer me these 2 questions.

• Prayers
Reactions: JustRachel