Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Deputy Mayor Cas Holloway filed a motion on behalf of the city today opposing a court order requiring the NYPD to allow Occupy Wall Street demonstrators back into Zuccotti Park.

He also noted that after the October 1st Brooklyn Bridge march, "knives, mace and hypodermic needles were observed discarded on the roadway."

City Claims Occupy Wall Street Protesters Were Stockpiling Weapons, Fights Court Order To Reopen Park: Gothamist

I would have actually been impressed if they'd found a Klingon bat'leth as well.

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The mayor should comply with the court order if it decides in favour of the protesters. Thus, the protesters should be allowed back into Zucotti Park. However, there should be strict rules on bringing weapons, or things could get nasty.

Right...cuz these guys have such a history with following rules...

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Right...cuz these guys have such a history with following rules...

You're joking, right? These protests are perfectly peaceful in practically every way. No violence of any sort, no illegalities going on- why- those stories you hear in the news of such shenanigans must be mistaken. Peaceful protestors, peaceful police- it's all about peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're joking, right? These protests are perfectly peaceful in practically every way. No violence of any sort, no illegalities going on- why- those stories you hear in the news of such shenanigans must be mistaken. Peaceful protestors, peaceful police- it's all about peace.

Oh, no---those crimes all took place, and even much worse; but they were all committed by Tea Party people who were trucked in by bus, all paid for by the Republican National Committee.

Upvote 0

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh, no---those crimes all took place, and even much worse; but they were all committed by Tea Party people who were trucked in by bus, all paid for by the Republican National Committee.

I do recall a good number of the Tea Party crowd carrying weapons around. Aren't the OWS protesters using the same right?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do recall a good number of the Tea Party crowd carrying weapons around. Aren't the OWS protesters using the same right?

I remember maybe about three cases of Tea Party members carrying permitted handguns---perfectly legally. As for the OWS folks, I don't know the legality of the knives and clubs they had at the location, but if they didn't use them, the question is kind of moot, unless of course they were violating a local ordinance.

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟116,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Whoa, whoa, whoa... hold on there. There were only a handful of such people, and they were doing so because they were trying to bring attention to gun rights. Personally, I thought that was going too far, although it was perfectly legal.

I don't see what "protest Wall Street!" has to do with knives and maces though...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟116,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Sayen

Cranky Old Man
Oct 16, 2011
✟8,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a lot of to-do over a vague article. I'll bet half the posters on these forums regularly carry a knife or mace (mace, the spray, not maces, the medieval head bashers). Needles are a weapon? How many 'makeshift' weapons, like the pipe in the cardboard, were actually found? Why would people abandon their weapons on the side of the road? Too much is fishy here.

Upvote 0