Aarhus
✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a few questions in regards to music (frequencies), relics (holy/demonic/none at all?), and on "Words create reality".

1. Would you consider 'meditational' music occult and demonic? I sometimes find it relaxing, I enjoy reading or make prayers with this in the background. The name of the songs sometimes have funny names, that I'm personally just abstracting from, but my question would be, am I really? Does music like this have demonic 'frequencies', or is frequencies just a New Age invention, with God being able to shine through, even meditational music if you so believe or just don't take into consideration that it might be evil? If you're able to listen to it 'neutral' without applying anything New Age too it, except that it's calm music, would it be right?

2 A YouTuber called Steven Bancarz is strongly calling out New Age idols, like stones and jewellery. Even books like Harry Potter, that the book itself is contained with occult and demonic energies. Hugh Ross, famous astrophysicist and minister is saying the same thing. That objects can release demonic powers to whole households. I'm open to this idea, my personal thoughts would be that these things are dead. Sure if you believe they have these properties it can become a sort of reality in your mind. I'm thinking of Catholics and their sacred relics that protestantism sort of rejected.To the extent that the church building is not even sacred, except for the emotional bond it can make because of the gathering and fellowship the Body of Christ have in their worship together. So any place could work as a church building, but it's the people who consist of the church, not the building and relics.

3 I would like to ask for your thoughts on "words create reality", and if you put all your mind, strength and love to God, what power does a Harry Potter book or a wood carved mask have on you?
I'm open to the idea that God can indeed bless water and it can become holy. He can do anything. Pray and you shall receive, does this count water and other sacred relics? Does calling for satanic powers indeed infuse objects, with the ability to cause harm to people?

4 Can other practices if done neutral, but for the exercise only cause spiritual warfare? Like Yoga. I think my research on meditation has made me abandon that pratice entirely, as well as attempts to induce lucid dreaming.

The Bible seem pretty clear to avoid all these practices. But could it be argued that it is when people actually participate with the involvement of both body and mind? As well as your faith and beliefs in these practices, that it's no longer neutral to you but it becomes reality.

“When you come into the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire [an ancient occult practice], or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination [detestable] to the LORD…”
Deuteronomy 18:9-12a

“put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” (Ephesians 6:11-12).

Thank you for reading, God bless

Sincerely, Mathias

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a few questions in regards to music (frequencies), relics (holy/demonic/none at all?), and on "Words create reality".

1. Would you consider 'meditational' music occult and demonic? I sometimes find it relaxing, I enjoy reading or make prayers with this in the background. The name of the songs sometimes have funny names, that I'm personally just abstracting from, but my question would be, am I really? Does music like this have demonic 'frequencies', or is frequencies just a New Age invention, with God being able to shine through, even meditational music if you so believe or just don't take into consideration that it might be evil? If you're able to listen to it 'neutral' without applying anything New Age too it, except that it's calm music, would it be right?

2 A YouTuber called Steven Bancarz is strongly calling out New Age idols, like stones and jewellery. Even books like Harry Potter, that the book itself is contained with occult and demonic energies. Hugh Ross, famous astrophysicist and minister is saying the same thing. That objects can release demonic powers to whole households. I'm open to this idea, my personal thoughts would be that these things are dead. Sure if you believe they have these properties it can become a sort of reality in your mind. I'm thinking of Catholics and their sacred relics that protestantism sort of rejected.To the extent that the church building is not even sacred, except for the emotional bond it can make because of the gathering and fellowship the Body of Christ have in their worship together. So any place could work as a church building, but it's the people who consist of the church, not the building and relics.

3 I would like to ask for your thoughts on "words create reality", and if you put all your mind, strength and love to God, what power does a Harry Potter book or a wood carved mask have on you?
I'm open to the idea that God can indeed bless water and it can become holy. He can do anything. Pray and you shall receive, does this count water and other sacred relics? Does calling for satanic powers indeed infuse objects, with the ability to cause harm to people?

4 Can other practices if done neutral, but for the exercise only cause spiritual warfare? Like Yoga. I think my research on meditation has made me abandon that pratice entirely, as well as attempts to induce lucid dreaming.

The Bible seem pretty clear to avoid all these practices. But could it be argued that it is when people actually participate with the involvement of both body and mind? As well as your faith and beliefs in these practices, that it's no longer neutral to you but it becomes reality.

“When you come into the land which the LORD your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire [an ancient occult practice], or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination [detestable] to the LORD…”
Deuteronomy 18:9-12a

“put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” (Ephesians 6:11-12).

Thank you for reading, God bless

Sincerely, Mathias
I have a background in New Age thinking and Hindu philosophy form my past. Since what you are asking all comes from that end of spirituality, I will give you my opinion.

1. Would you consider 'meditational' music occult and demonic?
If you use repetitive words while listening to beautiful relaxing music then it is a doorway to demonic influence. As Christians we meditate on scripture, meaning think about it and not repeating words over and over. Christ makes it clear that He considers this a form of worship that only heathens take part in. There is no such thing as a demonic frequency. It is not in scripture anywhere.
2.That objects can release demonic powers to whole households.
Objects have no power however, if you put enough energy into them God will send a delusion because the truth is not believed.
3 I would like to ask for your thoughts on "words create reality".
This is a "word of faith" belief. Yes God can do anything however everything is subject to "His Will". Merely claiming words into reality is again a new age "the secret" philosophy that has spilled into the Body of Christ. This goes for both good and bad things.

You seem to be going on to the narrow road of truth. Abandoning yoga , lucid dreaming is going in the right direction.
Blessings

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Would you consider 'meditational' music occult and demonic? I sometimes find it relaxing, I enjoy reading or make prayers with this in the background.

I used to enjoy Ravi Shankar, Native American, and other music forms that were tailored for meditation or ‘spiritual’ purposes. But when I came to faith I stopped listening to them. However, that holds true with other forms. I need to feed my spirit good food and know its source.

A YouTuber called Steven Bancarz is strongly calling out New Age idols, like stones and jewellery. Even books like Harry Potter, that the book itself is contained with occult and demonic energies.

I see no reason why a Christian would want to be syncretic in their practices if they believe in the one true God. You can’t eat from both trees.

I don’t have any statues, relics, etc. I have a glass cross I found in a store. I don’t purchase candles bearing saints or angels. They’ve cracked or exploded in the past. I see little reason to repeat that experience.

Supposedly, Rowling said the book was channeled. I haven’t read the statement. If that’s correct it’s demonic. I have read the books and multiple titles she mentions as writing influences. I mentioned the parallels here.

I have experienced the Holy Spirit writing through me on many occasions. The words have a different feel and flow. And the other person can note the change in my writing voice.

However, it’s unlikely the Holy Spirit would dictate 7 books whose premise and purpose aren’t pointing to God. That is the point of His influence on our communication.

Does calling for satanic powers indeed infuse objects, with the ability to cause harm to people?

If you are seeking Satan’s aid harm is not an issue since its meaning is different. His followers believe they are gods and should rule over others. They aren’t asking permission. They seek his assistance to bend your will to theirs.

Can other practices if done neutral, but for the exercise only cause spiritual warfare? Like Yoga.

Whether you top a noodle with marinara or alfredo sauce its still a noodle. The properties don’t change when you add an ingredient or remove it. You can’t alter yoga’s root or make it neutral.

The Bible seem pretty clear to avoid all these practices. But could it be argued that it is when people actually participate with the involvement of both body and mind?

If the bible says avoid it there’s a reason for the warning. Whether you’re all-in or dabbling. Your choice to engage has a price. The cost may be spiritual vexation. It could lead to chastening. It depends how far you go.

There’s no such thing as ‘a little disobedient’ or ‘a little sin.’ That’s a figment of our sinful hearts.

• Winner
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟457,287.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Then that should be enough for you, shouldn't it? Why would you mess in the demonic realm? I did yoga and listened to meditational music for years and never thought much of it, nobody told me it was wrong and I was tormented in many ways because of it. Finally, the Holy Spirit got through to me and told me to ditch all of it and I finally received the best peace in my life in such a long time.

Satan can and will deceive you and when you have this mindset, he's got you ensnared already. Just stay away from it and give it over to Christ.

Upvote 0

Maniel

Jul 26, 2019
Aarhus
✟22,672.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just to make it clear, I'm not practicing yoga, never have and not under any consideration.For me personally it's the "meditational" music. I'm asking because if a discussion I had with a good friend on "Christian Yoga", and wasn't too sure about my personal stance.

The Bible seem clear yes, but as in many texts further exigesis and analysis of the context etc are important. I would think back then these practices had a different meaning that involved the body and Mind.
Christmas Tree's were once pagan tradition that was Christianized.
So my question is, could God turn things such as Yoga into harmless exercises even with its roots, just like Christmas tree's, or are they uncompareable?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Depends on the lyrics. There are no "evil" frequency ranges, the idea is silly. Music in minor keys is often though to be sinister or depressing, but that's essentially a cultural thing, and falls apart in places where the music is structured differently than it customarily is here. Frequencies of sound in and of themselves are just that - frequencies. 60 Hz is 60 Hz, whether it happens to make you feel good, or bad, or just remind you that the amplifier is still on.

Does music like this have demonic 'frequencies', or is frequencies just a New Age invention
Frequencies are God's invention, and how we distinguish between different sounds. Do demons have favorite frequencies? I dunno, who cares? Maybe they prefer a 50 Hz European hum to a 60 Hz US one, and listen to it all the time.

A YouTuber called Steven Bancarz is strongly calling out New Age idols, like stones and jewellery.
Stones and metals are all neutral. It's the use you make of them that makes a difference.

Even books like Harry Potter, that the book itself is contained with occult and demonic energies.
Baloney. The HP novels are standard British School Stories, set in a universe where magic exists. HP "magic"is something people in the stories are born able to do or are not, and no connection to demons or whatever. HP style "magic" has never existed in the real world, and never will. It's imaginary.

Hugh Ross, famous astrophysicist and minister is saying the same thing. That objects can release demonic powers to whole households.
Haven't read his stuff, but I call hogwash. I haave never seen or heard any persuasive accounts of any "hainted" objects.

3 I would like to ask for your thoughts on "words create reality"
New Age crapsicle.

, and if you put all your mind, strength and love to God, what power does a Harry Potter book or a wood carved mask have on you?
None at all, unless you happen to believe that the HP universe is real, in which case you're delusional, or that a hainted piece of wood can harm you, in which case you need to toss it in the dumpster.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
None at all, unless you happen to believe that the HP universe is real, in which case you're delusional, or that a hainted piece of wood can harm you, in which case you need to toss it in the dumpster.

Well dangit, never had a wardrobe, never got my Hogwarts invite at 11, and now Im 51 and no wizard has shown up with a bunch of unruly dwarfs wanting me to be their burgler. Guess I'll just go back to my hobbit hole and continue reading my fantasy novels!

There are Christian mediation practices such as Catholic rosaries or Eastern Orthodox prayer ropes.

Being mindful, or watchful as Orthodox Christians say, is important for our spiritual well being. To be watchful we must have a mind that is under control and not simply being swayed from east to west, from heights to depths, based on the surrounding stimulus it receives from our senses. The form of prayer that has been taught since the time of Christ is to repeat over and over with sincerity, "Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner." This is not a mantra. This is a short prayer that affirms our faith in Christ, it recognizes how far we are from the way of life He has taught us, and we ask for His help and forgiveness. By repeating it over and over each morning and evening for at least 15 minutes every day then expanding to 30 minutes, the prayer becomes programed into our physical being through the interconnection of the neurons in our brain. Eventually it becomes a prayer that is with us continually linking all our actions with the will of God. Orthodox Way of Life: Mindfulness Meditation or Prayer?

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That objects can release demonic powers to whole households. I'm open to this idea, my personal thoughts would be that these things are dead.

Personal experience tells me that these objects can anchor demons to a location, and they can be used to poison a household, even a Christian one, even if they are forgotten. However, it's not the physical nature of the thing that makes it so. Mass-produced amulets, books, board games and such, no matter how occult in design, have no inherent demonic activity. The demon must be invited to it by someone, first.

Does calling for satanic powers indeed infuse objects, with the ability to cause harm to people?

It has. I don't know that it always does, or even usually does. It might even been a slight minority, but it has happened.

It should be mentioned, though, that the Holy Spirit within a believer is far more powerful than the satanic power within the world. Let's not be overcome with fear of the thing that we have been given the power to overcome.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The form of prayer that has been taught since the time of Christ is to repeat over and over with sincerity, "Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner." This is not a mantra. This is a short prayer that affirms our faith in Christ, it recognizes how far we are from the way of life He has taught us, and we ask for His help and forgiveness. By repeating it over and over each morning and evening for at least 15 minutes every day then expanding to 30 minutes, the prayer becomes programed into our physical being through the interconnection of the neurons in our brain. Eventually it becomes a prayer that is with us continually linking all our actions with the will of God.
I'm eclectic weird. I pray using a Catholic rosary, but praying the Jesus Prayer on the "Hail Mary" beads.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm eclectic weird. I pray using a Catholic rosary, but praying the Jesus Prayer on the "Hail Mary" beads.

Chances are if I were to use the rosary I would use a variant similar to what you do, replacing the Hail Mary with the Jesus Prayer.

I actually did have prayer beads at one time, counting the beads using the Jesus' Prayer, with larger beads spread throughout with the Our Father. At the end a cross where I recited the Apostles' Creed.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

There is nothing demonic or occultish in certain notes played through an instrument. Satan may give the impression that this sort of music is dark, but that's only if the words itself convey that, but the music cannot be dark in and of itself, it is in our own perception. I use to be heavy into death metal before I came to Christ, and I use to think after I became a Christian that metal was Satanic in and of itself and would avoid it. It took studying Scripture and growing in my spiritual maturity to understand that if food is neither clean or unclean, neither is music played on instruments good or bad. It is neutral in nature. The lyrics, however, can be demonic and sinful - I would avoid that.

You can listen to the Second Delphic Hymn to Apollo, a ancient Greek composition likely intended for worship, while separating it from what the composer made it for. The notes are not sinful if played a certain way (which is what distinguishes tunes and melodies from each other).

However, I will say this: some genres I do believe sound a certain way, and stirs a certain kind of feeling, that may influence your behavior. It is likely that death metal will stir your spirit one way, and trap music in another, and they can be as a rudder that leads you into vices, but then again that is only in your personal perception. Some find heavy metal neutral, while others feel angry when listening to it.

So, despite that people may label certain songs with terms like "pagan," it does not make it anymore pagan than had I personally made it to be "Christian." I can praise and glorify God through hip-hop and metal.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1. Would you consider 'meditational' music occult and demonic? I sometimes find it relaxing, I enjoy reading or make prayers with this in the background. The name of the songs sometimes have funny names, that I'm personally just abstracting from, but my question would be, am I really? Does music like this have demonic 'frequencies', or is frequencies just a New Age invention, ....

I think it depends greatly on what meaning you give for those matters. And generally, I think this is good teaching also in this case:

That which enters into the mouth doesn't defile the man; but that which proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man.
Matt. 15:11

The problem with meditational music, or things like that is, they can make your mind more accepting for bad ideas. That is why it could be wise to be careful. But I don’t think there is demonic frequencies. Beautiful sound, or beautiful object is just beautiful matters. They are not a problem, if you keep your mind clear and pure from bad.

Upvote 0