Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe she is talking as much about the Democrat party as the GOP there. The fact that she was previously unaware of how the swamp works is not surprising. She seems to be unaware how much of anything actually works.

She's certainly unaware of the disconnect between her party and the blue-collar unions.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe she is talking as much about the Democrat party as the GOP there. The fact that she was previously unaware of how the swamp works is not surprising. She seems to be unaware how much of anything actually works.
She didn’t express surprise in that tweet, did she claim that somewhere else?

Agree she is complaining about both parties. But I believe OP was pointing out that Trump claimed he was going to change that.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds a little familiar... almost like there's a sitting president who gives lip-service to the concerns of the proles but both doesn't care or know how any of it works.

<Staff Edit> Trump and Ocasio -Cortez are the symptoms not the causes of the problems they represent, but to say they are similar to each other when it comes to complete cluelessness is stretching things to the max in order to try to get a dig in on Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah why isn’t she getting credit for that from the anti-swampers?

Someone should give her credit for noticing something for the first time that we all knew about for years? Being particularly dense is not usually something people find commendable.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Goldman Sachs, in particular, is a major contributor to the Democrats, not the GOP.

And were major players in Donald's administration until they left, one by one, for incompetence and/or disloyalty.

Bannon, Scaramucci, Powell, Cohn, Mnuchin...

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
She didn’t express surprise in that tweet, did she claim that somewhere else?

Agree she is complaining about both parties. But I believe OP was pointing out that Trump claimed he was going to change that.

It takes time to drain a swamp as big as Washington DC. I see two to six years at least.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, to see the same crowd that crows about Trump telling it like it is saying this woman, who's telling people just how it is, just doesn't know what's going on.

But Trump is a Billion times more credible, because as Spiderman taught me “with great wealth comes great responsibility”.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
TDS strikes again. Trump and Ocasio -Cortez are the symptoms not the causes of the problems they represent, but to say they are similar to each other when it comes to complete cluelessness is stretching things to the max in order to try to get a dig in on Trump.
YOU MEAN THE GUY THAT STARTED A TRADE WAR KNOWS MORE ABOUT ECONOMICS THAN THE WOMAN WHO DOESNT KNOW HOW TO PAY FOR MEDICARE FOR ALL?

DO TELL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, to see the same crowd that crows about Trump telling it like it is saying this woman, who's telling people just how it is, just doesn't know what's going on.

Donald Trump apparently tells it like it is until he says something stupid or he lies and gets called out for it and then his most faithful supporters start insisting that's not what he really meant to say.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Someone should give her credit for noticing something for the first time that we all knew about for years? Being particularly dense is not usually something people find commendable.
Once again, nothing indicates she “just noticed” corruption in Washington. And Trunpers give him credit for pointing it out. She called it out in that tweet in a way NO ONE in Washington is doing. With a specific example. She should get credit for that. Not sure why anyone would react as if calling out corruption means you had no idea it existed before. That makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It takes time to drain a swamp as big as Washington DC. I see two to six years at least.
But he surrounded himself with actual swamp creatures. He pulled people right from the corporate world to regulate corporations.

• Agree
Upvote 0