AnthonyForChrist

Seeker of Messiah
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
✟7,792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Obstacles In Doing God's Will?
If one feels called to do something, if he encounters numerous obstacles in acheiving something, should he interpret that as meaning that it is not God's will to be pursuing such a thing, or is it simply a way for him to rely on God's own abilities and such to accomplish the thing.
For example, I'm trying to get into Bible college, but I need to send in official high school transcripts in order to complete the application process. I've been out of school for a couple years now, and when I tries to obtain the records, I found that I had a $120 fee I had to pay before the school would release them! I totally forgot about all this, and this happened at a time where I have absolutely no money whatsoever! Should I depend on God to provide the means, or should I consider the possibility of self-will in all this? Or perhaps, I should re-evaluate my own motives for going to this school, i.e., self-accomplishment versus servanthood in the kingdom of God.

rockwell

Mar 22, 2004
✟318.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I have seen God's miracles in my own life and I am 200% convinced that God is great and he wants the BEST for me and YOU.

Pray about it this... If after praying and seeking the Lord's will you still feel that you are doing the right thing (ie: trying to get into B.C.) Get motivated and start moving, if it is the Lords' will for you to get into bible college he will miraculously open the windows of heaven and you will see EVERYTHING falling into place. If God closes the doors, please don't get disappointed, He will open a Bigger and better door sooner or later.

I can’t stress enough how important it’s been to me to pray and have a relationship with God.

God Bless and I pray God will show you HIS ways!

Upvote 0

LynneClomina

Jan 31, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟17,768.00
Faith
Calvinist
there is a cool song by dc talk that really ministers to me:

It's my will - and I'm not moving.
cause if it's your will - nothing can shake me.

it speaks to me that if i want something really badly, and i submit it to God, if it is His will, it will come to pass, and if it isn't then it will be shaken and prove to be built on sand.

if it is of God - nothing can ultimately stop it - they might win the battle but not the war.

if it isnt of God - it will come to naught.

the key is to stay submitted to God and be open to His direction constantly - and ask Him to change your will, what you desire, to suit His purposes for you.

dont give up just cuz of one problem. so long as it's in your heart to do it, and you have the right motives (examine them!), and you stay submitted to God's correction, KEEP GOING!

Upvote 0